Made a home for my new Nook!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made a home for my new Nook!!

I have been wanting a Nook for a while and I finally got it last weekend. Since I had it...I figured I had to make a home for it...so I spent an afternoon sewing in between shuttling kids from school and shopping for new soccer equipment....

and here is what I made... **click to make images larger**

100_1730.jpg

and here is a close up of the decorative stitches that I did....

100_1731.jpg
    Michele

Re: Made a home for my new Nook!!

I LOVE those decorative stitches. I want to do some of that on my daughters quilt. Did you do this with your new Brother sewing machine?

Comment

Yep...used the new Brother...it actually has *less* decorative stitches than my other Brother...but I didn't feel like threading the other machine
      Michele

Comment

It looked great. How do you like your NOOK? I want either a NOOK or a Kindle.

Mary

Comment

Originally posted by pmriley View Post
          It looked great. How do you like your NOOK? I want either a NOOK or a Kindle.

Mary

Love my Nook!! I did a lot of research before I decided which one I wanted. For me the ability to get library books without doing anything to the files (direct download) was a big thing for me...as well as the expandable memory and the ability to change my own battery rather than sending it in to a service center. I can't say enough good things about it!

I think that if you are in the market you'll be happy with either one...it will simply come down to what is a deal breaker for you and what is on your list of wants....I also do most of my buying at B&N anyway rather than Amazon...so it just seemed natural to go with the Nook...
          Michele

Comment

I'm happy to hear that you like your Nook. Our children gave us one for Christmas. My husband and I read to each other, about 20-24 books a year. It's fun because we can discuss them as we go along.
            We are thrilled with it. My husband (also a quilter) made a case for ours.

Comment

Originally posted by quiltnotes View Post
              I'm happy to hear that you like your Nook. Our children gave us one for Christmas. My husband and I read to each other, about 20-24 books a year. It's fun because we can discuss them as we go along.
              We are thrilled with it. My husband (also a quilter) made a case for ours.

That is awesome!! My husband (who is not a reader) has asked me to download a few books for him, so I'm hopeful!! I now have people asking me to make covers for theirs...
              Michele

Comment

Your cover looks great, you did a fantastic job on it.

Congrats on getting your Nook! Hubby wanted a Kindle for Christmas but since I am "poor" I got him an iPhone instead, it does the same thing for him and he only has to carry one "toy" around.
                iPhone - $99 or Kindle $269 - had to go cheap and he seems to like it.

Comment

I love the cover, it's awesome! I think we may have the same machine, because I recognize those stitches...

Comment

Awesome! Shell, you are my hero!

Comment

Oh I like that, very nice! I don't have a Nook, I seem to listen to more audio books so I can stitch or sew at the same time!

Comment

if you had a kindle like l've got. It will read the book to you whilst you sew and stitch..The kindle has a text to speech ability
                        "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
                        :icon_heh::icon_wave::

Comment

Now I want one even more! Still saving for the new sewing machine, then the Nook!
                          Patti
                          "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Nice and I love the fabric too.. Wendi

Comment

Great idea! So much nicer than the leather holder I have now.

Comment

Working...
                              X