My second quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My second quilt

Thank you all for letting me share my projects with you.

This is my second quilt. It's (obviously) just the quilt top, but the picture doesn't do it justice - not because of my skills but because of the fabric. It's absolutely beautiful! I made it in honor of my eldest son's 40th birthday (also last June). He loves all things Asian, so I chose the Susannah pattern (from MSQC) because it kind of looks like a shoji screen or maybe Japanese lanterns to me.

I also chose the Imperial Collection 12 by Robert Kaufman. It's a beautiful metallic-enhanced fabric that comes in several colorways. I loved the crimson colorway and thought the black set it off well. The flowered fabric on the table, also from the Imperial Collection 12, became the 10" border. The bolt of fabric on the floor (black and white cranes on red background) will be the backing. It's also a Robert Kaufman fabric although I have no idea what line it is as I've had this bolt for many years. It'sapproximately 78" x 88".

In any event, it'll be on its way to MSQC as soon as it stops snowing long enough for me to get to the Post Office!
    Attached Files

Re: My second quilt

You did a fantastic job.

Comment

Thank you so much!

Comment

Gorgeous quilt, the fabrics and the colors are very pretty, congratulations

Comment

That is a beautiful quilt. Great job.

Comment

That is gorgeous! The black was a great choice to use as it really sets it off as you said. Did you decide on a pattern for the quilting?

Comment

Very pretty.
              Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

great job, it looks really good. The colors are awesome.

Comment

Both of your quilts are gorgeous! You should be very proud! You're off to a fantastic start'
                  Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

Only your second???? WOW! Just beautiful!
                    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Stunning! Your top is beautiful. The black and red really set it off.

Comment

Beautiful, Beautiful!!
                        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Great job on your quilt, it is beautiful.
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

You did a fabulous job with this one! I love the fabrics and the design you chose. I'm sure your son will love it!
                            Cindy

Comment

Wow, all your fabrics look wonderful together that is a fabulous quilt. Your son will love it!

Comment

Working...
                              X