• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ok.. Annika inspired me to practice

Beautiful.....practice really does make perfect...keep up the good work

Comment

Most gifted quilts are received by people who know little to nothing about quilting, so they do not notice what in our mind's eye are imperfections. I'm still not satisfied with how my feathers look. I practiced them on the Windmill quilt sample sandwich, but they really didn't show up that well on those fabrics, so I went with the all-over design which was quicker & easier. FMQ definitely takes a lot of practice. When I look back at some of my older FMQ, I realize I've come a long ways, but I'm not where I hope to be some day. I do not aspire to be an Angela Walters or a well known quilter. We need to enjoy the journey & not get stressed out about it. What you did looks fine. Keep up the good work.

Comment

It looks great, Norma! I still haven't tried to fmq, I'm scared I'd ruin everything.

Comment

Good for you, I haven't found those big girl pants yet.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Songbird, that's wonderful.. Seriously? Your first time? Good for you. I think your creativity definitely shows through.
            A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Originally posted by cv quilter View Post
              Songbird, that's wonderful.. Seriously? Your first time? Good for you. I think your creativity definitely shows through.
              I've only dabbled before - never had the nerve to actually try it on a 'finished' item. I'm currently putting pebbles on the table runner I'm making, and looooving how it looks! I'll post pics when it's done.

Comment

I hope to be as brave as you. This is my goal this year to get comfortable FMQ Congratulations on your sucess

Comment

I love your "whimsical" feathers!

Comment

Good job GF... you won't need too much more practice,,, looks wonderful to me... I gave in to the fear and just quilt everything the best i can... It's so much fun to know you've made the whole project Start to Finish)) Your feathers are terrific too... keep up the good work!! GB
                    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Well I think you did a right fine job of it and looks wonderful!!!!
                      Do not let some perverse idea of perfectionism rob you of the joy of creating (or rob those who will never received those gifts). As I tell my children, do your very best and that is all that anyone (including ourselves) has a right to ask.
                      Sandy B.
                      "A heart that gives will never be empty."

Comment

Wow!!! This looks amazing! I gotta' jump in! You are inspiring me!

Comment

Working...
                        X