9 patch swap is finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 patch swap is finished

Here are the pictures of my 9 patch swap. It is 103x97 . I feel like it is very BLAH! I worked so hard on it and I am so disappointed. Maybe I'll feel better about it tomorrow. I just don't feel like it has any personality.9 patch swap.jpg I don't think there's anything I can do at this point and I'm sure it will be fine in the Shriners raffle /auction. This is the first quilt that I have made entirely on my new machine. I was happy with the piecing. 9patchswapback.jpg
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Re: 9 patch swap is finished

It's very pretty. Cheery & colorful.

Comment

It is a "fun and colorful" quilt! You should be very proud of it!
      “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
      “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Terry, I don't see one boring fabric in your quilt. It's happy, colorful and lively. The backing looks great also.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Terry, I don't think the quilt is blah. I think it looks bright, crisp and cheerful! It's very pretty and you did a great job.
          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

It's very colorful and cheerful, Terry! I'm sure you'll like it more today than yesterday.
            Cindy

Comment

I am looking at this as a challenge. What is the simplest change that could have been made to add more "personality" to this quilt? In this case I think the simplest change would have been to add sashing between the blocks.

The fabric is happy and cheerful. Each individual block is happy and cheerful. But when the blocks are joined together they blend together too much and the eye loses focus. Maybe even add colored cornerstones to the sashing to continue the block pattern out into the sashing and tie the overall pattern together. But adding colored corner stones to the sashing adds more complexity to the construction so you would have to decide whether it is worth the extra work. A happy yellow sashing color would accentuate the individual blocks.
              Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Well I have re-framed the challenge to myself as to what simple changes can be made to this quilt to add more personality now that it is already completed. This seems more constructive.

You can always add applique to a completed quilt. it doesn't have to be elaborate or complicated. Add six circles of assorted sizes scattered randomly over the quilt will add depth and focus. Maybe throw in three triangles (maybe not). You could use raw edge fusible like Steam a Seam or Heat and Bond lite. Or use the Sarah Fielke method. It is super easy and adds no to stiffness to the quilt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2INxkVfGyqE

Hope this seems constructive and not critical.
                Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Someone will absolutely love this quilt, so don't worry about it. It's bright & cheerful. I love all the colors. Sometimes we work on projects that we are disappointed in how they turn out, but through different eyes, there will be love & acceptance. We are our own worst critic. Complete it & move on to the next project.

Comment

I think it looks great, someone will love it!

Comment

Well, it is done and Denise had some great ideas. Not to be a "nadda" but I don't know how to applique and I have so many hours in the quilt right now that I don't want to totally "fry" it. So, thanks to all of your encouragement...you are all always there for me...it will go into the Shriners pile and like you said, someone will love it if only for its sheer size!
                      Terry

Comment

Terry, the quilt looks very good to me...I know someone will be glad to have it...you are the most dedicated person I know...
                        Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Colorful it is. Blah? No way!!!
                          Preeti
                          http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

It looks a lot better in the light of day. Off to go put a DP9 together. You all know how I've resisted making this quilt and you all were right. It wasn't as difficult as I thought to make the blocks. I have 64 blocks so, off to stitch them together. And BTW, I'm doing all the piecing for this quilt on the old Husqvarna. That's why I discovered she wasn't working so well and so I took her into get cleaned. They couldn't get the zig zag and fancy stitches working without a 300 part but the straight stitch is suppose to be good so, I'm off to see.
                            Terry

Comment

No no no it is anything but blah! The colors are rich and vibran and happy. Someone's gonna be mighty happy to get this! There's nothing not to like about this. Maybe you just worked on it too long and you are tired of looking at it! That has happened to me more than once. Sometimes it's hard to be objective when it's in your face all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X