My Cat 4 Patch with sashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Cat 4 Patch with sashing

This is a test to see if I can upload my pictues.

I started to make a simple layer cake quilt, using Cats Timeless 10" squares, for my little great neice, but when it was sewn together, I didn't really like it. So, I cut each square in quarters while it was still sewn together, added sashing and red pokadot corner stones. My pictures don't do it justice, but I learned a lot from this experience.

If I won the 10 half yard give away, I'd make more quilts, of course!! I'm a beginner, but I'm definitely hooked! I love the tutorial for the cat quilt block tutorial That's right up my alley!

Mavis 63
    Attached Files

Re: My Cat 4 Patch with sashing

It's darling!
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Thank-you!

Comment

I like your quilt and the sashing with red squares make you look very cheerful, I love cat fabrics, congratulations for your precious work

Comment

Adorable!! Love your kitty quilt!
          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
          Sigmund Freud

Comment

I don't know if I would be willing to cut apart a completed quilt top. In your case it looks like it was worth it. I like it and it should make your niece very happy if she likes cats.

Good job.
            Sue

Comment

That turned out too CUTE!
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

That is wonderful. I'm a cat person (sometimes I'm even catty, but that is a whole other story). Great job.

Comment

Nice! Great save of something you didn't like to something of which you can be proud.

Comment

I like it. Its purr fect.
                    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Very cute!
                      Cindy

Comment

Thanks! You are all so kind. My great neice, Gwen is almost two. She follows her Grandma's cats around saying,"Hi.... Meow". I think she'll like it. The back side of the quilt is blue and beigy wide stripes of alternating fabrics. A complete change.

Comment

Thank-you. When I was finished at just the 10" pieces sewn together stage, hubby and I looked at it and couldn't figure out what was bothering us about it. We like all the individual fabric designs, but it didn't quite work for us. Then I remembered something someone said on YouTube regarding scrappy quilts," if you don't like a particular fabric, it means you haven't cut it small enough". So, I measured carefully, thought about my plans for a while and decided my strategy would probably be fine. If not, I'd have great pieces for a fussy cut cat applique quilt some day.

Comment

Working...
                          X