Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Kind of Quilty Goodies Did You Get for Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Kind of Quilty Goodies Did You Get for Christmas?

Now that the hectic pace of the holidays is over I was wondering what kind of quilting goodies everyone got for Christmas? Did you get a new machine, fabrics, quilting tools.....? Let us know and share a picture or two.

My husband got me several quilting things I had on my wishlist. He got me the Sue Spargo Creative Stitching book & a pack of size 8 pearl cotton. The book has very pretty pictures and good instructions. Also got a couple of quilt magazines and some more Poke A Dot thimbles. I highly recommend them for big stitch quilting. My parents gave me the art quilt book by Leni Levenson and I'm eager to try her techniques.

Good grief.....I forgot to mention the Supreme Slider that my brother gave me! Now I have no excuse not to practice my FMQ!

P1013045.jpg

So what did you get for Christmas that made you smile?
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Re: What Kind of Quilty Goodies Did You Get for Christmas?

I got a Silhouette Cameo 3, a couple layer cakes, and a fat quarter bundle of Encyclopedia Galactica fabric. Also a book on Tile Quilting and a satin edge foot for my sewing machine.

Comment

Cash. I had asked for a gift card to MSQC because I am needing to get more black and white fabric to have on hand. The bolts are almost empty less than a yard of black and only a yard of white left. This year it was easier for my mom to give cash than to try to get over to MSQC to get a gift card (she doesn't use a computer) with her health issues she had in Nov and Dec. The cool part was I used the cash to get a couple of gift cards online the day that MSQC had their $50 gift cards for $40.

DH gave me the gift of a plan to have a day at Hamilton together - shopping and lunch. We had thought about doing it while he was off work but we didn't get a chance to get over there.

Comment

The only quilting thing I got was that MM paid, or gave me the cash to pay, for the retreat fee this year!
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I got an interesting one, not what but from who. Massdrop! It was from their friends sign up program. I always wondered if you ever get anything. I got a box of flower pins, 50 pack of wonder clips, note book and a fountain pen. It was a very cool surprise.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

DH & I don't exchange gifts at Christmas. Nor with the kids. I took advantage of the pre-inventory sale (30% off reg. priced merchandise) at the LQS after Christmas & bought a lot of batiks fat quarters. Also bought some discounted batiks yardage (40% off) and a pattern for "Twinkles", by Swirly Girls. I'll use the batiks FQs for it. Since Christmas, I've ordered 2 curved rulers, some slotted M bobbins, & the Glide thread.

Comment

Santa got me Electric Quilt 7.

Comment

You all received some very nice gifts. My girls are not very involved with my craft so I do not ask them for anything in that area. But I really need to push the gift card gift for MSQC nexr year. You can never go wrong wih a gift card
                Karen
                Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
                  You all received some very nice gifts. My girls are not very involved with my craft so I do not ask them for anything in that area. But I really need to push the gift card gift for MSQC nexr year. You can never go wrong wih a gift card
                  If I remember correctly the gift cards were also on sale before Mother's Day. If it holds true for 2017 you may not have to wait long!

Luckily I can have Christmas any time I want ... so I waited and Steve got me the recent Gift Card deal.

Comment

My dh and I do not exchange gifts either. I bought myself a used Janome New Home two weeks before xmas when my old machine died. It is pretty nice! So I consider that my Christmas present to myself. After all you can't sew without a machine! One of my dd made me a thread organizer for xmas, she did a great job and put lots of work into it. She said the hardest part was going store to store trying to find dowels just the right size to fit into the pegboard to hold the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Judy, USMC View Post
                      If I remember correctly the gift cards were also on sale before Mother's Day. If it holds true for 2017 you may not have to wait long!
                      Luckily I can have Christmas any time I want ... so I waited and Steve got me the recent Gift Card deal.
                      Hmmm. Thanks for that note!!!
                      Karen
                      Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I bought a set of 'low shank' quilting feet just before Christmas. I needed the darning foot for a project.
                        Santa tucked a set of enlarging tracing discs and a box of glow-in-the-dark ball head pins in my stocking.
                        Not really exciting.
                        Be who you are and say what you feel
                        because those who mind don't matter,
                        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I got a new machine!! I did get it a little early, and the deal was that hubby and I went in halfsies on it, considering the cost of it. He likes to do embroidery so he uses it a lot too. BabyLock Destiny II

I also got two boxes of pre-wound bobbins - one black and one white; a set of needles (about 8 5-packs) in a little tin box; and lastly an embroidery package I've been desiring called Winter Fun. It will be a challenge to get it all finished by next winter.

Oh and my mom gave us some cash. Which will be used wisely I am sure.

Nancy
                          Nancy

Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Comment

Nothing quilty here as gifts. I purchased fabrics during the holidays from MSQC but, not any BIG orders. I didn't ask for gift cards this year either.

Comment

I received 2 gift cards to a local shop one from my sister and one DH. My sister also gave me a big wooden button wall hanging. DD and DH both gave me a gift card to JoAnns to buy batting and thread. DH also gave me a gift card to MSQ and the promise to take me there in March. I am really excited about the promised trip.

Comment

Working...
                              X