quilts made for Christmas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quilts made for Christmas...

A fellow nurse at work asked me to make quilts for her three adult children for Christmas.

From this pile of 27 scrub tops and pants

53a. 23 scrub tops belonging to Mary Tuxhorn.jpg

I made these three quilts.

53d. quilt 1 complete.jpg53f4-finally finished.jpg53k. quilt 3 done .jpg

Mom said they were very pleased with them!

Matthew, Jennifer & Garrett Tuxhorn.jpg
    LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Re: quilts made for Christmas...

WOW, they should be pleased. I would be. Beautiful work. I never would have thought of it, but scrubtops would make great quilt fabric. They usually are so colorful and full of pattern. Great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by alliek View Post
      WOW, they should be pleased. I would be. Beautiful work. I never would have thought of it, but scrubtops would make great quilt fabric. They usually are so colorful and full of pattern. Great idea.
      Yes they are. I've made lots of quilts from scrubs. See my "Angels Among Us" photo album. All of the quilts are made from scrubs.

Hugs, Pat

Comment

WOW - those are gorgeous! You did a great job - I love all three!

Comment

Those scrubs made some gorgeous quilts! Great job, Pat!!
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I wish I had the scrubs my mil wore to make into a remembrance quilt, but she wore them out! She even used them for gardening and painting in the later years. They had patches on patches. These quilts are very nice! Great job!

Comment

My Aunt was an OB nurse at our home town hospital, where my siblings, cousins, and myself were all born (she was present for many of the births). Mom made her a quilt out of her scrubs and a few of the blocks even had the Hospital logo on them still. It was a wonderful tribute to the woman who was there for our first breath.

My Aunt passed away 20 years ago, and now my sister has the quilt. When ever any of us go to visit, we want that quilt on our bed.

Yours are beautiful, and such a wonderful gift for your friend's daughters.

Comment

Superb!! Love them all!! I am sure they were very pleased!!
                Happy Quilting!

Comment

These are wonderful and I especially love love love the star one!

Comment

The quilts are great and I'm sure they loved them.
                    *~* Myrna *~*
                    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Thanks for this post. The quilts are awesome. I have a bunch of scrubs in the closet. My daughter always gives me the ones she is discarding. Someday I will make some quilts from them. Maybe some baby ones when she has children.
                      Karen
                      Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I had a lot of scrub vests which I had made over the years. After I retired from nursing, I donated them to a local thrift store. Most of them had been washed many times, so the colors were faded. I had remnants of some of the fabrics which I have used in quilts & table runners. Your scrubs quilting project certainly is successful. Those turned out beautifully! Good job!

Comment

Thank you all for the compliments!
                          56. ZigZag-1st quilt of 2017.jpg
                          This quilt is from the last of the scrub fabric. I am going to give it to Mary, the nurse that commissioned me to make the other three quilts. She doesn't know about it...can't wait to give it to her when it is done.

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Great job on the quilts! You can tell a lot of work went into them.
                            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

What a wonderful use of usedscrubs. I am always so happy to see someone make use of materials that would otherwise go to waste. Our quilting is a wonderful hobby but quilters of old, would never have thought of taking perfectly good yardage and cutting it up in little pieces and then sewing it back together again. You are a true quilter
                              Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                              Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X