• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Preeti

• Preeti
    replied
    Re: 365 Challenge Quilt Done

The only thing that I do everyday is drink chai.
    I am out of superlatives and adjectives to describe your one-year of supreme discipline and the resulting amazing, breathtakingly beautiful gorgeous quilt!!!

Leave a comment:

• peggiep

• peggiep
    replied

What a beautiful job you have done! I can't imagine working with so many small pieces and having it look so perfect! Well done.

Leave a comment:

• Grey Lady

• Grey Lady
    replied

Your work is wonderful. Really wonderful. Plus your determination to finish. I only lasted thru 4 blocks last year. Yea!!

Leave a comment:

• Bouse

• Bouse
    replied

It's stunning. I fell behind with mine in the summer when I was poorly for weeks and got even further behind when I had surgery in October. I've printed all the blocks though and am slowly working my way to finished. I loved doing this even though it was a big challenge and so far out of my comfort zone but I feel my cutting, sewing and confidence have improved. Can't do mitres though and may have to fudge those blocks.

Leave a comment:

• MNnancy
    replied

Amazing! Well done!

Leave a comment:

• scooter15650

• scooter15650
    replied

Hi Papa, You were right . She is doing another 365 challenge just like last year with a few changes. It is a block a day. I signed up for it today. The other one she has is the Etolies Rouge which is a block a week. It is a variations of 49 Ohio Star blocks (9x9). The quilt will measure 92 x 92. There is a cost of $ 25.00 ( a one time fee ). For more information you can go to the 365 challenge for more information on the Ohio Star blocks. It starts Jan 16th. I hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• sewluvit

• sewluvit
    replied

Absolutely amazing and beautiful! Don't ever part with this quilt, no one else could appreciate the work and dedication that went into it!

Leave a comment:

• songbird857

• songbird857
    replied

Simply beautiful!! (well, not so simple ) That is really gorgeous...
    I started this challenge, then life got in the way! I am hoping to give it another try, since circumstances are a bit different now

Leave a comment:

• Bubby

• Bubby
    replied

I'm very impressed with how your quilt turned out. Great job....loads of seams and cutting. Congratulations!! I think everyone who completes one of these quilts should get a trophy or at least some free fabric.

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

Originally posted by Monique View Post
    Klasien was doing these. I wonder how she got along.
    Klasien finished hers! It is beautiful! She is coming to my house at the end of March and we are going to quilt it on my longarm. I'm a little scared to quilt it, I will be practicing between now and then!

Papa, your quilt is so beautiful! I cannot even do BOM and keep focused. I don't know how you did BOD! Such dedication! And these blocks were so tiny! I can't do tiny!
    Jean Sewing Machine
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; December 30, 2016, 07:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Iris Girl

• Iris Girl
    replied

wow what an ambitious work of art you have created! It is gorgeous, but definitely way too much for me. Love those colors!

Leave a comment:

• Deegles

• Deegles
    replied

Whoa! THAT is A LOT of work. The beauty of it really paid off! Absolutely beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• laura44

• laura44
    replied

You get a standing ovation for this one!!!! Outstanding!!!!

Leave a comment:

• tamsterg7

• tamsterg7
    replied

That is amazing, and you are a patient and persevering person! Just beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• DeniseSm

• DeniseSm
    replied

Gorgeous. What a challenge.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X