365 Challenge Quilt Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

365 Challenge Quilt Done

I did all the bonus blocks so I could finish and get on with my life. Doing a block a day for a year was mostly fun but there was some creative language used. I have never been a fan of flying geese and covered corners and am less of one now. Mitered corners on 2 inch blocks and 7/8 inch half square triangles are off the list of favorite blocks too. She is doing the challenge again in 2017 using the same pattern if you are interested. There are 224 blocks that are 3 inch and 132 blocks that are 6 inch. Somebody on Facebook was keeping a total of the number pieces in the blocks. The total was 9,872 on the 7th of December but I don't have the total number. Thanks for looking.

IMG_0292.JPG

Re: 365 Challenge Quilt Done

Beautiful!!! Love the yellow and blue colors.

Comment

Oh my goodness, that is gorgeous!! You did a great job and you're much more ambitious than I am!!

Comment

I think the challenge block 2017 is different then this past years. She is doing a version of the Ohio star and it is only 1 block a week and I think they are 9 inches. I know I signed up for it. There is also a charge of $25.00 for the pattern. It is a one time charge. The colors are the French General. (reds) Check it out.

Comment

Papa that turned out beautiful.

I signed up for the 2017 challenge, and fabric is on order. This will be my first BOM (or in this case BOD) challenge of any kind. Thinking I may have bitten off more than I can chew though, but I guess every so often we have to step outside of our comfort zone and challenge ourselves. I only hope that I can see it thru as you did!

Scooter, perhaps you are thinking of a different challenge. Papa's was from http://www.365challenge.com.au/ and is the same for 2017 as 2016 and there is no mandatory fee (at least not for 2017 - although I think I saw a request for donations).
          Last edited by Caroline T.; December 29, 2016, 01:33 PM. Reason: added message to Scooter

Comment

Originally posted by scooter15650 View Post
            I think the challenge block 2017 is different then this past years. She is doing a version of the Ohio star and it is only 1 block a week and I think they are 9 inches. I know I signed up for it. There is also a charge of $25.00 for the pattern. It is a one time charge. The colors are the French General. (reds) Check it out.
            What you are doing is different from the Challenge. The Challenge is a block a day and she accepts donations.

Comment

Papa, congratulations on finishing! That is a true work of art. You are an inspiration!

So many of us started, but fell off the wagon for one reason or another. I made it through the end of May, but then warm weather and vacations called. Once behind, I found it more difficult to try to catch up. I hope to do the second half this year. I remember some days doing 1 block took 3 hours so your accomplishment is tremendous! Great job!

So will you do it again in 2017??
              Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
                I remember some days doing 1 block took 3 hours ....
                OH MY! Now I am worried that I won't be up to the challenge.

Comment

Your quilt is just stunning! I can't imagine the work that went into making it. I wish I had the skills to make it. I love everything about it

Comment

Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
                    Papa, congratulations on finishing! That is a true work of art. You are an inspiration!

So many of us started, but fell off the wagon for one reason or another. I made it through the end of May, but then warm weather and vacations called. Once behind, I found it more difficult to try to catch up. I hope to do the second half this year. I remember some days doing 1 block took 3 hours so your accomplishment is tremendous! Great job!

So will you do it again in 2017??
                    Once is enough for me. I have all the blocks saved as PDF's in a folder on my desktop in case I want to do it again in another color way. Some of the blocks I cut out and worked on for several days. I think one 12 inch corner block has 130 pieces and one 6 inch block has over 90. The second anniversary of my 35th birthday is coming this summer so I think I will stick to easier projects from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
                      OH MY! Now I am worried that I won't be up to the challenge.
                      She does lead up to the more difficult ones, but they do get difficult. You'll be amazed at what you are able to do...as long as you have the time.
                      Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by Papa View Post
                        The second anniversary of my 35th birthday is coming this summer so I think I will stick to easier projects from now on.
                        I love this! Great way to look at it!
                        Cindy

Comment

Klasien was doing these. I wonder how she got along.
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Originally posted by scooter15650 View Post
                            scooter - can you please provide link to one you are doing? thanks
                            I am Sew Blessed!
                            Alina

Comment

That is fantastic. I have downloaded every block pattern and not made any of them! Little parts and sticking with something that runs a year is beyond my attention span. I am surprised I kept up with the downloading.

The 365 challenge lady is doing the Ohio Star Challenge in 2017 too. I got the email about it a couple weeks ago.
                              K is for Karen 😊​..................
                              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                              T - is it TRUE?
                              H - is it HELPFUL?
                              I - is it INSPIRING?
                              N - is it NECESSARY?
                              K - is it KIND?

Comment

Working...
                              X