Experimenting with patterns using charm packs and JR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experimenting with patterns using charm packs and JR

Just finished a 24 x 24 wall hanging consisting of charm squares and 2.5 squares off a jelly roll in the same fabric group. I like the pattern, but I am looking for more that use pre-cuts. So far, its just this 4 patch inside a square and rail fence. I am hoping to find more.

So here's what I came up with using Anthology Purple Royal pre cuts;:icon.
    Attached Files

Re: Experimenting with patterns using charm packs and JR

Can't see the pic enlarged. The screen turns black when I click on the pic. Those are some of my favorite colors. Just a word of warning when using pre-cuts: measure them to make sure they're all the same size.

Comment

Yes, some precuts are not that accurate, but thanks for the heads up. I too love purple ish colors. Anything from dark eggplant to blueish red violet and Indigo - plus all values and shades in between.

I clicked on the pic and got an enlargement. Sorry about it not working.

Comment

Check out the Missouri Star quilt tutorials. They are all based on the use of pre cuts. If you look in the section here called "how to's and tutorials' there is a post at the top of that page that will take you to a list of all of Jenny's tuts. Love the little quilt btw.
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

Love the colors.
          Cindy

Comment

also check out moda's website. You can search by what kind of precut you have. Not as fun as Jenny's but still helpful.
            sigpic

Comment

Nice quilt - and great colors!
              ***Kathy***

Comment

What I like about this is that because of the fabrics you have chosen, there is a lot of visual interest. As a wall hanging, it makes me want to just sit and look at it for a while. Well done!

Comment

I thought so too, as the mixing up the fabrics to almost blur the design adds a lot of interest. I am now glad I got 5 charm packs and 1 more Jr. jelly roll of this closure sale of Anthology Purple Majesty batiks on Craftsy. I am redoing it again but adding more colors and increasing the size and amount of borders to make a bigger and proper wall hanging. This sample will become a table topper

Thank you for your compliment.

Comment

Working...
                  X