X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grammaterry
    replied
    Re: Prairie Flower Blocks Done

Another masterpiece. You are certainly a busy quilter this winter. I love this and I agree that a nice blue border would be nice. But, of course, I know what ever you decide will be fabulous.

Leave a comment:

• SallyO'Sews
    replied

I like this just the way it is, but a border would be very nice, as well. Thanks for the cornerstones tip - that's a really nifty way to do them!

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

I'm still on the fence re: a border. I did lay out some of the JR strips, even sewed a pieced section on one block. Didn't like it, so removed it. The 2.5" strip was too narrow. It needs a wider border. I shopped my LQS today; it was their annual pre-inventory sale. She didn't have any "Forever Love" fabric, so I would need to order it from M*. I'll probably wait for the next free shipping day. I did, however, buy yardage for the backing & binding today. The LQS owner does LA quilting. Together we brain stormed some ideas for quilting patterns for both the PF as well as the Broken Orange Peel. Stay tuned.

Leave a comment:

• MaryUK
    replied

I really like the blocks, they look so fresh. I would add a border of .......Err I don't know what!!!

Leave a comment:

• cv quilter
    replied

Joy, those are beautiful blocks. The fabric makes for a really sweet, delicate look. I'm a border girl and think a border would really add to the sweetness. What a pretty quilt this will be.

Leave a comment:

• GlendaM
    replied

I love this pattern and your fabric!!!! I say YES to a border, but I love borders!!

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

I love how your PF turned out. I would add a border.

Leave a comment:

• seaturtle
    replied

It turned out great, Joy. I also think a flowered border would be nice, but it looks sweet the way it is.

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

Love this. I am a border gal, so I say a small floral print would look great.

Leave a comment:

• Cokie
    replied

I have that fabric!! I had a hexi quilt in mind for mine - maybe that's why I didn't recognize it. Funny how a fabric can look different in different quilt patterns!

Leave a comment:

• Anitamae56
    replied

Originally posted by JCY View Post
    The fabric line is Eleanor Burns' "Forever Love". The background fabric is a cream color with little white flowers which I purchased at my LQS. I've never done a scalloped border, so that's not in my future for a while. When doing the sashing this way, it's important to pay close attention to the direction of the pressing so the seams will nest. Also, it really helps to alternate the pressing when doing the snowballing of the 5" blocks so those seams nest & lay down nicely.
    Thank you ! That helps!

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

The fabric line is Eleanor Burns' "Forever Love". The background fabric is a cream color with little white flowers which I purchased at my LQS. I've never done a scalloped border, so that's not in my future for a while. When doing the sashing this way, it's important to pay close attention to the direction of the pressing so the seams will nest. Also, it really helps to alternate the pressing when doing the snowballing of the 5" blocks so those seams nest & lay down nicely.

Leave a comment:

• URIBARRI-MAYOR
    replied

You did a great job, I think a flower border would be very beautiful

Leave a comment:

• snippet
    replied

I love this pattern and your fabric is so pretty! Great idea about putting the cornerstones/sashing on each block.

I think a flower border would be nice. How about scalloping the border too? It would really be sweet.

Leave a comment:

• Cokie
    replied

This is beautiful! What fabric is this? I really like the way you put the colors together in the blocks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X