Prairie Flower Blocks Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prairie Flower Blocks Done

I finally finished my Prairie Flower blocks & have them individually sashed with cornerstones, which I find to be an easier method than Jenny's long strips of sashing. They're ready to be sewn together. I'm still debating whether to leave it like it is or add a floral border. I was thinking about using a blue floral for the border. I have 2 of the Forever Love JRs, but there is not enough of the same fabric for all the way around. I laid out strips of similar fabrics, a different one for each side, but I didn't like that. I might have to order some yardage, or just skip the border. Broken Orange Peel - Christmas - Prairire Flower - 12-2016 015.jpgBroken Orange Peel - Christmas - Prairire Flower - 12-2016 016.jpgBroken Orange Peel - Christmas - Prairire Flower - 12-2016 017.jpgBroken Orange Peel - Christmas - Prairire Flower - 12-2016 018.jpg

Re: Prairie Flower Blocks Done

Very pretty. I am not a good one for border advice, I dont enjoy putting them on. But a scrappy border of the fabrics might look great with these.
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I love this! So sweet!

Comment

Very nice. I was looking at tutorials the other evening & have decided this will be the next one I make. Appreciate your advice on sashing & corner blocks.

Comment

I think a border of small floral fabric would enhance it, although it is quite lovely already.

Comment

That is very pretty, I like how you are saying to do the sashing , I want to try that . I hadn't really thought about it that way. Thank you very much!

Comment

No border. I love it just the way it is. Reminds me of Little House on the Prairie!

Comment

This is beautiful! What fabric is this? I really like the way you put the colors together in the blocks.

Comment

I love this pattern and your fabric is so pretty! Great idea about putting the cornerstones/sashing on each block.

I think a flower border would be nice. How about scalloping the border too? It would really be sweet.

Comment

You did a great job, I think a flower border would be very beautiful

Comment

The fabric line is Eleanor Burns' "Forever Love". The background fabric is a cream color with little white flowers which I purchased at my LQS. I've never done a scalloped border, so that's not in my future for a while. When doing the sashing this way, it's important to pay close attention to the direction of the pressing so the seams will nest. Also, it really helps to alternate the pressing when doing the snowballing of the 5" blocks so those seams nest & lay down nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post
                        The fabric line is Eleanor Burns' "Forever Love". The background fabric is a cream color with little white flowers which I purchased at my LQS. I've never done a scalloped border, so that's not in my future for a while. When doing the sashing this way, it's important to pay close attention to the direction of the pressing so the seams will nest. Also, it really helps to alternate the pressing when doing the snowballing of the 5" blocks so those seams nest & lay down nicely.
                        Thank you ! That helps!

Comment

I have that fabric!! I had a hexi quilt in mind for mine - maybe that's why I didn't recognize it. Funny how a fabric can look different in different quilt patterns!

Comment

Love this. I am a border gal, so I say a small floral print would look great.
                            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                            sigpic

Comment

It turned out great, Joy. I also think a flowered border would be nice, but it looks sweet the way it is.
                              Cindy

Comment

Working...
                              X