The Grinch Is Now in Whoville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Grinch Is Now in Whoville

My Grinch quilt is finally finished. Yay me! I started collecting fabrics for this quilt in early 2014. Later that year Sandy N, Cyndi(ofthevortex) & Momgram (Anita) sent me more wonderful Grinch fabrics. I bought additional fabrics to "make sure I had enough". I started planning the layout in January 2015....trying to decide how I wanted to put it together. I decided on pieces in 3" increments. All of the pieces I cut were 3" square, 6" square, 6x3, 9x3, 9x6 & 9x9 except for the panel pieces. These pieces were then arranged in random layout for 12" blocks. The quilt has thirty 12" blocks and over 200 pieces on the front. The blocks with panel pieces were a headache because they were weird sizes......so I did "creative" piecing on those. It's been fun to work on even though the FMQ nearly made me crazy. I broke a whole pack of needles.

Thanks so much to Sandy, Cyndi & Anita for the awesome fabrics given to me. I love my quilt and knowing you'll were part of it makes it even more special. My quilt makes me smile. It looks like Christmas exploded!

I was hoping to take pictures outside but it has been raining a lot. Hope you like it. Merry Christmas!

P1012916.jpg P1012920.jpg

P1012921.jpg P1012922.jpg

P1012923.jpg
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Re: The Grinch Is Now in Whoville

It's awesome Pam! Very happy grinchy!
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

What a great quilt.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

That is fantastic!!

Comment

It is a great looking quilt - and a wonderful story. I like your FMQ.
          If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I absolutely LOVE your quilt. The Grinch (the original) is my favorite holiday show.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I'm proud that you hunkered down and finished your Grich quilt. It turned out wonderful, Pam!!!!!
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Your Grinch quilt is absolutely darling! So creative in planning how to put it together! I know what you mean about the panel pieces. It took me years to figure out how to use the fabrics, and I did something similar to what you did to put it together. It's a family favorite at our house!

Comment

Oh how fun. That is a happy happy Grinch quilt
                  Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                  Terry

Comment

That is an awesome quilt! I love the Grinch. Even the Jim Carrey version, which all the traditionalists in my family think is sacrilegious. (It's funny!!)

I bought one of the Grinch fat quarter bundles about 2 (maybe 3 ) years ago and it's one of those where I just can't bring myself to do anything with it because I'm afraid to mess it up! lol Maybe this will inspire me to just plan some and go for it. Next Christmas.
                    Vicki
                    Is a Nine Patch part of a 12-Step program? :icon_beuj:

Comment

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Gee, it turned out fantastic. I did see in a post the other day where you said you were snuggled under your Grinch quilt. You did GREAT!! (Hope no one tries to steal it!!)
                      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

What a great job! Awesome - be proud!!!

Comment

You did a great job! I have been rounding up and saving fabrics since I saw Jean's Grinch quilt. I have a bunch of them, and a couple of panels, plus I have coordinating fabrics to use with them. Maybe next summer I will start laying them out and getting a start on it.

This year I will have to be content with my "Grinch" style door garland. LOL.

15181278_1349802655052901_8600141577585180265_n.jpg

Comment

When I read the title of your post, I thought it was going to be about someone being grumpy to you! So glad it wasn't! Such a cool quilt. I've saved it and hope to snag some Grinch fabric to try something similar. I really like it.
                            Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Love it! I think I need to do one. Every year I put out a charlie brown christmas tree and watch the grinch when I wrap presents. lOL

Comment

Working...
                              X