Now I get it! Directional pillowcase cuffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I get it! Directional pillowcase cuffs

Couldn't fathom why this became a point of discussion ( thanks, Judy, for bringing it up!). But today I was making pillowcases using directional fabric for my OCD daughter's guest room. She saw this quilt I was putting together at her house during my stay there at Thanksgiving and fell in love with it for the guest (my) room! This would be her "winter" quilt. And being from St. Louis, we are all in love with cardinals! She claimed it for her own!

So, the fabric for the pillowcases had to be cut crosswise and the cuffs needed to be at opposite ends or she would never be able to deal with the inconsistencies! And I will be eternally grateful to Judy USMC for bringing it up as a point of discussion, or I would be conversing with my seam ripper right now, instead of lounging on the couch taking a break!

Here it is!image.jpg

Pattern from last Winter's Quilter's World magazine. Really simple and easy to put together! I enlarged it from 24 blocks to 42 blocks to fit our queen beds.
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; December 13, 2016, 12:15 PM.

Re: Now I get it! Directional pillowcase cuffs

As always Jean, you do beautiful work.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Beautiful. What a great way to warm up a winter.
      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

The things we didn't know we needed to know!
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Absolutely awesome. My mom would have loved this.
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

It turned out beautifully, Jean! And I'm so happy you figured out the pillowcases and can now take a much deserved rest!
            Cindy

Comment

Like a picture right from the book!!!!!!.... Wonderful quilt and pillowcases... ) GB
              "Each day well-lived and Happy;
              that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

That turned out beautiful. Glad you "got" the deal about the pillowcases...lol!
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

My daughter, who does not sew, decided last year, about this time, that she needed to make a crapton of pillowcases. I was not paying attention when she was buying the fabric and quite a bit was directional.....aye yi yi!! It was quite a pain in my patootie because she had no clue how to figure that mess out!
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                    My daughter, who does not sew, decided last year, about this time, that she needed to make a crapton of pillowcases. I was not paying attention when she was buying the fabric and quite a bit was directional.....aye yi yi!! It was quite a pain in my patootie because she had no clue how to figure that mess out!
                    A former colleague was learning how to sew and the pillowcases were her first project (That's where I learned how to make them, PRE MSQC!). She chose martini glasses for her fabric. Her martinis were spilling all over the bed because they were all laying sideways because her fabric was directional! Lesson learned!

Comment

I'd be right there trying to sop up that martini mess, Jean! l love your daughter's quilt.
                      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I also love your daughters quilt and I really like the fabric you chose for the pillow cases. Very nice

Comment

I remember the discussion. It is a testament to your sewing acumen that you remembered and implemented. I would not have been able to do either!!!
                          Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

I love this quilt Jean! You always make the most awesome patterns, and always with the matching pillows! I need to get with it!
                            sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

That quilt and the pillowcases are beautiful, Jean. You do wonderful work!!!

Nancy

Comment

Working...
                              X