New top this week..Thanks Old Sewer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New top this week..Thanks Old Sewer

I have been working on this for three days and finally got it done. Just the piecing. May be weeks before I get it quilted. Sharon (oldsewer) donated the fabric for this quilt and it will be the first Shriner quilt of the year when I get it done. Thank You Sharon...I couldn't do these projects without folks like you.
    This quilt is 96x86 and the fabric is Origins by Benartex and the black is pixiestrips by Benartex. My husband said he really likes this....this is a rare compliment from DH.origins.jpg
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Re: New top this week..Thanks Old Sewer

pretty quilt, love the layout/colors - thanks for sharing

Comment

Turned out great, love the layout, so interesting to look at!

Comment

That is really pretty! The colors and patterns really keep your eyes moving around the entire quilt, and yhe black sets it all off perfectly! Have you decided how you are going to quilt it?

Comment

I really like it too!

Comment

Very pretty - MAN - are you a speed sewer or what!?

Comment

Looks terrific! What pattern is that? You are sure getting a lot done particularly given the heavy load of work you carry all the time. Have a good week. Sharon
              By the way, if Hank likes it, maybe you should keep it. There will be plenty of others for the Shriners.
              Last edited by oldsewer; December 7, 2016, 05:48 AM.

Comment

What a wonderful quilt. Love the design and the fabrics used just seem to fit the design. VERY nice. BTW, getting ready to send something to you. Need to get a box from PO.
                A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Beautiful quilt, Terry. You do amazing work! Sharon sure donated some pretty fabric.

Comment

Terry, that turned out terrific! Love the borders. Was that a pattern or did you just decide to add them like that? It looks great!
                    Cindy

Comment

Ok, is it a pattern...hummmm....after I finished I thought...this might be an alter ego with piano key border...but...maybe not. I know I know how to make a four patch and the hst are getting better, so I try to stay within my skill level. Sharon certainly does pick out wonderful fabric and has been so very generous to me this past year. I would feel so guilty keeping this quilt since I only did the labor and my labor is love. I'll look forward to CVQuilters box. The generousity of this forum never ceases to amaze me. Bless all of you thru this season and the coming year.
                      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                      Terry

Comment

You are really plugging along doing so many quilts...you have such a good heart as you are always donating to the Shriners cause...keep up the good work!!
                        Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
                        X