Common Bride top - finally finished!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Common Bride top - finally finished!

it's too icky outside to take a better pic, but I had to share it right now! I finished the top today! WHEEEEE I am so proud of myself I could just pop! Thanks for looking! Love y'all!! Pam

cb.jpg

(this was the only place in my whole teeny house that it would fit, it's huge.)
    Pam in the Boneyard - Georgia expat in Cleveland Ohio. Howdy y'all! :icon_wave:

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way your mom told you to in the first place

Re: Common Bride top - finally finished!

that is not common at all, beautiful.

Comment

That is stunning, I can't imagine all the hours have in this quilt. I will also add breath taking.

Comment

Oh, My GOSH, Pam - no wonder you have been so quiet lately - you've been busy. THAT IS GORGEOUS!!!
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

EEK! What a great thing you have done!

Comment

OMG, that is Gorgeous. And it looks huge too.

Comment

That is SO beautiful. Did you make it for yourself or are you gifting it? Hummmm, my address is...............
              https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
              Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Gorgeous! What a beautiful quilt!

Comment

It's beautiful Pam!
                  *~* Myrna *~*
                  *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

You folks are the best. It is a true labor of love - for myself. it's one of three really complicated quilts I started a coupla years ago as psychological therapy. Quilting is my therapist, no hyperbole there, for real. The other two are a hand-applique by Pearl P. Pieria called Baltimore Spring (my avatar is one panel of it), and another by Edyta Sitar called Flower Garden (EPP) Those two are going to take a lot longer!

Now I gotta quilt it. Still honing that skill! I made another Edyta sitar pattern called Quilter's Schoolhouse to practice FMQ on a 'real quilt" to get ready for the big one, in between working on the other three. I've been practicing my FMQ, and started basting it today (pardon the messy sewing room!:

sh.jpg

some practice before I start:

IMG_20161125_061942.jpg IMG_20161125_061953.jpg

blergh, I am bragging which isn't like me, but I don't have too many other people who really appreciate the work (funny how gravediggers just don't seem to get it!)

Thank you all for looking, and for your support. It means more to me than you can ever know

I don't know how this picture got attached, I can't get it off! I didn't do that one, it's just one I downloaded to look how it was quilted!sany0911.jpg
                    Last edited by pharris123; December 5, 2016, 05:49 PM. Reason: weird attachment
                    Pam in the Boneyard - Georgia expat in Cleveland Ohio. Howdy y'all! :icon_wave:

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way your mom told you to in the first place

Comment

Your quilt is gorgeous! It's a real labor of love! I can't even imagine all the time and work to make such a beauty.

Comment

Wow that is one beautiful quilt top and your quilting is gorgeous!!!!

Comment

AMAZING!!!
                          🌺 Lorie

Comment

That's just gorgeous!
                            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I see the tobacco leaf block in this quilt, what are the other blocks named? Is this block combo the reason it is called common bride? I am interested in knowing the story of what this is called common bride other than this is just what Edyta named it. Does anyone know?
                              And yes, it is truly beautiful!
                              Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X