• Show
Clear All

Re: Back to quilting...finally!

Those are awesome, Jean!!
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

oh, ONLY three this week? Amazing work! I hope your daughter does well. Whoever gets them will be lucky to have such beautiful quilts!
      I am Sew Blessed!
      Alina

Comment

Jean, you do beautiful work, and so much of it.
        I wish I quilted my own quilts but I don't and really don't want to but then I would be totally in control of when they get finished. I have two with longarmers now and looking for someone else that has time to do another one by Xmas. I may have waited too late.

Sue

Comment

Jean you are so awesome! I love all of them, but realllly like the redwork! I remember when you got your longarm, the story of getting it out of the car, the learning curve putting it together and using it.....you've put it to such good use. I'm SO glad you're blessed with something so useful and wonderful to go along with that awesome talent you have! So inspiring!
          sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

I love that grey and pink one but all are fabulous. I guess all of us would be curious to know how you will price them. Do you use a .00 percent per sq inch or just pull a number out of the air. The reason I ask is when I'm pricing the quilt for the Shriners sales, I am always a little worried that I am asking too little or too much. Any rhyme or reason for how they will be priced?
            success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
            Terry of NC

Comment

Jean, these are all just beautiful! I am always so impressed with your work! You are one very very talented lady!!

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                I love that grey and pink one but all are fabulous. I guess all of us would be curious to know how you will price them. Do you use a .00 percent per sq inch or just pull a number out of the air. The reason I ask is when I'm pricing the quilt for the Shriners sales, I am always a little worried that I am asking too little or too much. Any rhyme or reason for how they will be priced?
                Terry, since the lady I am working with ( also with my daughter to sell her upcycled painted furniture pieces) is introducing textiles to the mix of decorative items, we are not using a formula to price, but I'm relying on her retail pricing instincts and her knowledge of the client base to put us in the right price range. We are probably going with about $60 for the charm square baby quilts and in the $100-$150 range for the larger quilts. In many of them, the materials are premium fabrics ( I.e., the 2 JRR quilts!) the Redwork has the extra work of about 30 machine embroidered blocks, but the fabrics were not high cost. Since I have so much fabric stash built up (thanks to M* DDs!), recovering my cost of materials at this moment is my bottom line. We'll see how it goes! Trying to de-STABLE-ize! You know, STABLE-- stash acquisition beyond life expectancy!
                Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; December 6, 2016, 10:19 AM.

Comment

You make the prettiest quilts. I really love the plus sign one. It's kind of retro and kind of shabby chic boho scrappy, my favorite. You really know how to put colors together! I am sure they will sell the first day!

Comment

Thank you Jean. That seems to be about there I've been with baby quilts and lap (60x50) quilts. It gives me more confidence that I'm not way off base.
                    Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                    Terry, since the lady I am working with ( also with my daughter to sell her upcycled painted furniture pieces) is introducing textiles to the mix of decorative items, we are not using a formula to price, but I'm relying on her retail pricing instincts and her knowledge of the client base to put us in the right price range. We are probably going with about $60 for the charm square baby quilts and in the $100-$150 range for the larger quilts. In many of them, the materials are premium fabrics ( I.e., the 2 JRR quilts!) the Redwork has the extra work of about 30 machine embroidered blocks, but the fabrics were not high cost. Since I have so much fabric stash built up (thanks to M* DDs!), recovering my cost of materials at this moment is my bottom line. We'll see how it goes! Trying to de-STABLE-ize! You know, STABLE-- stash acquisition beyond life expectancy!
                    success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
                    Terry of NC

Comment

They are all beautiful!

Comment

I love them all and you do such a great job in piecing and quilting them. My favorite is the blue/yellow pinwheels with the prairie points inside. I've made two tops like that and they ware so sweet, only I'm a chicken and used white for my background. I love the yellow in yours. It gives me inspiration to try different colors for the background.

Keep us posted on how the sale goes. and Good Luck in the sale!

Comment

All are lovely but my favourite is the red and white Irish chain one.

Comment

Working...
                          X