Once upon a time (June 2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once upon a time (June 2014)

Two and a half years ago...a young man asked me if I could finish a quilt that his Aunt had made, who had recently passed away. I said, sure, no problem. I had just gotten my long-arm machine and thought, I will put it on the frame and have it quilted in a few days. Well, you see, Aunt Mary had hand-pieced this quilt top and she was not happy with me finishing it the way I planned. I broke needles, I had thread nests galore...so, I caved and did it the way Aunt Mary wanted it done. Fast forward to the present day...I finally finished his quilt. Chris Shahan, you are lucky that we have always considered you one of our kids and that I love you...because I HATE to hand quilt, and eventhough it took 2 1/2 years, it is finished.1. Chris Shahan's Aunt Mary's quilt.jpg2. Chris Shahan's Aunt Mary's quilt- hand pieced.jpg3. Chris Shahans quilt, attemptd to quilt with longarm.jpg5. Chris Shahans quilt-being handquilted instead of on the quilting machine.jpg7. Finally finished after 2.5 years-I hate to hand quilt .jpg
    LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Re: Once upon a time (June 2014)

Oh, Pat - that gave me tears. What a wonderful quilt and Chris will always be thankful for a wonderful friend like you.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
      Oh, Pat - that gave me tears. What a wonderful quilt and Chris will always be thankful for a wonderful friend like you.
      Awww, thanks Sandy. It's funny, Chris has been our neighbor for 12 years, but last year my step-daughter moved in with us after she decided to get a divorce. Her and Chris hit it off immediately, so he really is one of our kids now.

Hugs, Pat

Comment

How sweet is that.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

That was very sweet of you. He will definitely cherish it.

Comment

What a wonderful, heartwarming story.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

Pat, that's truly a labor of love....you are such a special person. The quilt turned out wonderful.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

The quilt is lovely, your quilting is great, and your love is wonderful.
                If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

What a treasure you finished for him! Awesome loving thing you did for him!
                  I am Sew Blessed!
                  Alina

Comment

WOW!! That is a beautiful quilt and a more beautiful story. Mostly, you are a beautiful, wonderful lady!
                    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I guess he really knows how you feel about him now. What a wonderful memory for you both.

Comment

Hugs and kudos .. such a heart warming story. And a treasure for the family forever.
                        Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                        :icon_wave:

Comment

Beautiful! I'm glad Aunt Mary stuck to it.

Comment

Thank you all for the kind comments. Chris really is a good guy...he will do anything for us and has been like that since the day we moved into our house and there was 18 " of snow on the ground, and hubby got stuck at the end of the driveway.

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Working...
                            X