Shriners baby quilts to deliver tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shriners baby quilts to deliver tomorrow

I have ten baby quilts to take to the Shriners Hospital . I will be giving them to the Shriners tomorrow so that they can take them to the hospital in time for the babies to have for Christmas.
    Here are two. One is made from the flannel that Tamsterg7 generously sent to me. Thank you so much for helping me out and I have to say..I've never sewn with flannel and it is soooo soft and cuddly. babyquilt.jpgflannel quilt.jpg These two are 50x50. I think I've shown you all thee others.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Re: Shriners baby quilts to deliver tomorrow

I love them both! That flannel looked really nice on my shelf, but so much prettier in your quilt! That box just got there - you must be sewing all night long!

Comment

I was so excited to have new stuff to use. I have another top finished but just didn't have the time to quilt and bind it yet. There will always be more children and so I will keep sewing. I cut the strips in between cooking at the restaurant and took them home at night and sewed them into long strips...like a JR...then I sewed the JR's together and cut them into 10" squares. I made 50 squares and decide that was enough for two baby quilts that were fair sized. I used the pink first because it was my least favorite color and I am getting excited about the yellows. I'm making plans for next week...oh yeah...Christmas is coming. Maybe I should finish up my gift projects first...always something
      Originally posted by tamsterg7 View Post
      I love them both! That flannel looked really nice on my shelf, but so much prettier in your quilt! That box just got there - you must be sewing all night long!
      Terry

Comment

Such happy looking quilts. Bless you great big wonderful heart and all you do to help the children.
        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Such beautiful, colorful quilts! You're doing such a wonderful thing for the children. I'd love to help you, as well, when things slow down a bit. Hugs!!

Comment

That would be wonderful. I can use all the help I can get.
            Originally posted by lovemyavy View Post
            Such beautiful, colorful quilts! You're doing such a wonderful thing for the children. I'd love to help you, as well, when things slow down a bit. Hugs!!
            Terry

Comment

Working...
            X