Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doggie Dear

Logan's Quilt 2.jpg
    This quilt was made from a Loralie Designs panel called 'Doggie Dear'. My friend had one of these panels and I loved it. I searched for months and months trying to find the panel, including talking to Loralie at the Houston show two years ago. Loralie told me it was no longer in production and if I found one, it would have to be in someone's stash. I put out requests on several quilting forums and no one seemed to have it. I searched Google about every week and finally about eight or nine pages into the search I found it. It was in a quilt shop in the Netherlands. I thought it would cost an arm and a leg to get it but surprisingly it was very reasonable. I kind of get obsessed with things when I want something. I made the quilt, now I'm through with it. A sweet, seven month old boy will get it tomorrow.
    Kathy

Retirement is Awesome

Don't ask our LORD to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet.

Re: Doggie Dear

What an adorable quilt. I am sure Logan (saw the name on the quilt) will grow up treasuring this quilt.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

Kathy you did an amazing job. It is beautiful.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

It is so cute -- and I love the colors. What a lucky little boy!
        Dawn
        A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Comment

I'm like you, Kathy! If I get my mind set on something, I'll spend hours searching. Usually, I'll end up finding it or finding something else I like even better. The quilt is super cute! Love those puppies!
          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Kathy, I will add to the above congrats and say that it is just darling. I call a months and months search really committed.
            Good for you!
            Sewing mends the soul.
            sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
            Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

That's the way Kathy...never give up! It is so rewarding to search and search and finally find what you are looking for. Good on you.
              That quilt is just so cute and it will be loved for many years.
              I just adore those puppies
              May your sorrows be patched and your joys be quilted

Comment

Such a sweet quilt! No wonder you wanted that panel!
                When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Your quilt is adorable and will be the perfect gift! I think it was well worth your search! Great job!
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                  X