For my second dog warden friend for Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For my second dog warden friend for Christmas

Bonnie lost her best friend last year just before Christmas so I had made a few smaller quilted boxer items as gifts. After doing the horse cutting quilt this year for my other dog warden using Spoonflower I got the idea to see if I could do a lap quilt for Bonnie using pics for her old best friend. The question was how to get pics of Gage without having her know I was doing this little memorial. Finally I realized FACEBOOK! Ta Daaaaaaaaaa! So I downloaded pictures of the dog from her facebook pages. I used my Paint Shop Pro program to try to get more clarity for the pictures and change the pixel requirements so hopefully it would translate to the fabric ok. After working on the pictures I did a layout so all the pics I wanted would fit on a yard of fabric and ordered it through Spoonflower. The pictures were a little darker than I'd like but I was able to fix the clarity I needed. Bonnie also loves camoflague (sp?) so I picked out two yards of a tan one and decided it still needed a little more lightening up. So I put a tan-ish cream border around the pics. I had to do it all without a pattern to I had to continually take measurements to line everything up as close as possible. One of the pics needed a slightly larger frame but I think it worked out close enough.

I think she's going to really love it so I'm excited to get it quilted and see her open it just before Christmas :-)

Gage lap.jpg
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Re: For my second dog warden friend for Christmas

Usually I am very disappointed at the quality of photos printed on fabric bc they seem to turn out darker and more grainy than the original. These turned out great, just about the best I have ever seen! Your friend will love and cherish this and I can already see the tears flowing. You are a good friend.

Comment

Thanks :-) I noticed in the pic it looks like the pics are a little wonky but actually they are not, it's just not hanging quite straight and I know it will even out once quilted (except for the lower right which has a slightly larger frame )
      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

What a wonderful labor of love for your friend! It looks great!
        Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Bonnie is such a fortunate person to have had Gage in her life, and to have you as a friend. What a loving and beautiful gift!

Ok, now I need a tissue.

Comment

Came out nice.

Comment

Oh what a sweet gift for your friend!! I know this quilt will mean so much to her. It's precious, just precious. You may want to have some tissues ready for when she opens it.

Comment

Working...
              X