Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ispy. Most expensive quilt I've made. Most loved quilt I've made.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ispy. Most expensive quilt I've made. Most loved quilt I've made.

I made this ispy for my daughter. We collected fabric for years in various sizes mostly FQ. And ultimately I decided on a 5" square. So I have tons of leftover scraps that I spent a fortune on.
    But that's what you get when you make it up as you go along!
    I used the skinny precut for the sashing. Hunny bun?
    We laid them out one 16 patch at a time. It was too mind boggling to get all 192 coordinated. It was easier with the 16 patch block. I sashed them like a tick tack toe squares, no doing the outsides. Then joining the blocks finished it up. The WOF sashings were perfect lengths. The block was a half a strip wide! It took 3.5 straps per block for all the inner sashing.
    The outer border needed a little more size, so I did a 2.5" strip for that one.

The backing is black wide Minky. The quilting was by Quilted Thimble a local shop in Belmont, NC. The pattern was twisted ribbons I think?

Hope you like it! She took it from me as soon as we got it back from the quilters and I haven't gotten the binding on yet. Probably a project for the two of us over Christmas break.
    20160316_172601-3984x2241-2988x1681.jpg

20160316_172448-1-2656x1494.jpg

20160316_172551-3187x1793.jpg

20160316_171559-3984x2241-2988x1681.jpg

20160316_171536-3984x2241-2988x1681.jpg

Re: Ispy. Most expensive quilt I've made. Most loved quilt I've made.

Awesome quilt.

Comment

beautiful! she will treasure it forever!

Comment

She looks so happy! Great quilt.

Jeannette

Comment

Wow! HOW FUN IS THAT!? What a lot of work that looks like, but the result is perfect for your daughter. The ribbon quilting is cool.
          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

You did a great job and with all the left over fabrics, you're ready to go again.
            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
            Terry

Comment

What fun and what a lucky little girl.

Sue

Comment

I have seen and made many I Spy quilts but yours is the prettiest one! It looks gigantic, big enough to snuggle under until she's in college. Your daughter is adorable! Your work is fantastic thanks for showing us!!

Comment

Love your quilt! I made one recently and agree, I have probably enough fabric left over to make 10 quilts! I think eventually all my grandchildren will get one!
                  Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

She will be "I spying" for a long time on the huge and very beautiful quilt! Looks like a ton of work!

Comment

What a great quilt. She seems to be more than happy with it. A treasure that she will love for years.
                      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                      sigpic

Comment

What an awesome quilt and I just adored that ribbon FMQ!!!
                        Sandy B.
                        "A heart that gives will never be empty."

Comment

This is just awesome! I love it, and can understand why your daughter grabbed it so quickly.

Comment

I think, from that smile, that she was definitely worth it - expense, effort, frustration = JOY! Beautiful.
                            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

What a great quilt! Love all the colors. The black sashing really sets it off.

Comment

Working...
                              X