Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Again, another Tote bag I just finished this morning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, another Tote bag I just finished this morning.

I went a little smaller this time and used a 13 x 18 size. Used Fossil Fern Indigo for the outside fabric with a blue flower print (from Joann) across the middle. I also did a recessed zipper in the front, a perfect size for a cell phone. Using quilting cotton and going lighter with the interfacing really helped to make this a relatively light bag. I also did a "squeeze" handle (I don't know the technical name for it). Those handles folded in half were so thick. I am glad my machine sewed through them like butter (Bernina B740).

This was a slightly altered version of the tote bag by Debbie Shore on YouTube. Her tote bag post has almost 1 million views! It will make a great roomy purse/bag vs. it being a what I would refer to as tote bag. It was fun to make and I really liked the putting in that zipper in front. Love Zippers!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Daniel Becker; November 10, 2016, 12:37 PM.

Re: Again, another Tote bag I just finished this morning.

That is a great looking bag. I love the idea of the zipper compartment for your cell phone. Well done.

Comment

Very pretty. Such a lovely fabric combination.
      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

This bag looks like it's a great size
        :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Working...
        X