My Simple Life Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Simple Life Quilt

I pieced the top in 2014, but just finished the quilt this week. The fabric line is "Simple Life" from Windham Fabrics. The quilt was machined pieced and quilted on my domestic machine.

What drew me to this fabric line was the colors and the cats! The apples were a plus as well. I used Connecting Threads 50 weight for the piecing and the SITD outside of each block. For the main FMQ, I used King Tut Antique Gold, 40 weight, on the top and the same Connecting Threads in the bobbin. For the black border, I used an Aurifil 50 weight varrigated white/black/grey thread on the top. The batting is wool - my first time with a wool batting, and I liked it for the quilting.

Almost the whole quilt (some of the black outer border is not showing).

P1010004 (1).jpg

Some close ups of the various fabrics.

P1010007 (1).jpgP1010005 (1).jpgP1010006 (1).jpg

The back, which better shows the quilting.

P1010008 (1).jpg
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Re: My Simple Life Quilt

I'm not a big scrappy fan, but those all work well together. I like!

Comment

That turned out great....a perfect quilt for cool weather.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Like the scrappy look. Its a beautiful quilt with good color choices that has a great texture due the quilting. Was it done a longarm?

Comment

I like your quilt

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Becker View Post
            Like the scrappy look. Its a beautiful quilt with good color choices that has a great texture due the quilting. Was it done a longarm?
            Thank you. I did the quilting on my domestic machine - a mid-range BabyLock. Some of the texture is due to the wool batting, which puffs up more than cotton batting.
            If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Very cute fabrics. Especially like the cat fabrics. Also like what you did with the quilting. The echoing really made the spirals special. Great work!

Comment

You have been on a roll, just cranking out one beauty after another. Beautiful quilt.

Comment

Lovely work!
                  Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

Sylvia, WONDERFUL. What a fun and colorful, whimsical quilt! It just looks so inviting. Your FMQ is so nice. I'm still trying to master mine, have done a few small ones on my Tiara III. Your fabrics are so cute !
                    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Its really lovely. I love the quilting and thank you for sharing all the details. I know you are so totally in awe of this quilt as we all are.
                      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                      Terry

Comment

Love this, Sylvia, great job on the colors and the quilting!
                        Cindy

Comment

I am impressed with the quilting on a domestic machine. Very nice quilt.

Comment

I saw this on our FB site and loved it then. What a great quilt and quilting. Love the colors.
                            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                            sigpic

Comment

So pretty! I especially like the little birdies. Your quilting is beautiful, too.

Red isn't a color I have used much, and I never wear it, but it's been growing on me lately.

Comment

Working...
                              X