X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mom's Inside out quilt

penelope2.jpgpenelope5.jpg

Hi, I just had to share...

I ordered the Zoey-Christine layer cake over a year ago. The fabrics were just so beautiful I had a hard time convincing myself to cut them up or use them!! I just liked looking at them

A few weeks ago, I was visiting my Mom who is 86 years young, whom in her time was a very talented quilter and I was trying to explain to her what a rag quilt was! I told her," well you sew it just the opposite of what you normally would and sew with the seams exposed. Then you clip those seams and wash and dry it so it gets fluffy." Now, reading back what I just typed, I can understand why she just sat there and looked at me funny! She said, "So it's like putting your dress on inside out?" hahaha! Yeah Mom, kinda like that!

So I decided that this was what I was going to make her for Christmas! I looked on You Tube for tutorials by Jenny and I came across the Double Slice Layer Cake Quilt and thought, "this would be pretty as a rag quilt" So away I went looking for fabrics. I was sitting in my sewing room and there was the Zoey-Christine Layer Cake that I had ordered over a year ago just sitting there looking at me! I stood up, held those beautiful fabrics and decided it was time. Something so beautiful needed to be used for my just as beautiful Mom! ♥

So here it is...I used the Zoey-Christine Layer cake and two charm packs for this quilt. It will fit just perfect on her twin bed in the nursing home and I'm hoping after she gets over the shock of it kinda being like inside out....that she loves it!! LOL It is backed with a nice soft cream flannel and I have washed it twice to make it nice and fluffy
    I just love the fabrics and I loved doing the Double Slice with Jenny!

I'll have to update at Christmas with photos of her. Wish me luck!

Re: Mom's Inside out quilt

Your Quilt is Beautiful!!! Love how you did that.. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure she will love it!!

Comment

Should have told her it was like chenille, she would have understood that.

Comment

I never considered piecing a block and then using it in a rag quilt. It turned out great!

Comment

What a beautiful quilt. Your Mom will love it!!
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thank you Heather

Comment

Thank You!

Comment

Shirleyknot, I will tell her that!

Comment

Thank you Annette!

Comment

It's really pretty.

Jeannette

Comment

Can't wait to see pictures of Mom & her new quilt at Christmas. It's lovely.

Comment

I'm sure your mom will love it, after all you made it just for her. Sewing in good thoughts and remembering good times spent together.

Comment

So bright and happy. I love it.
                          Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Super cool. She is gonna love it!
                            Karen
                            Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Your quilt has been beautiful really these fabrics are very pretty, your mother will love it

Comment

Working...
                              X