Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of a long time...

Helloooo quilters -

Long time no see, read, post...etc. I have been away for a bit, so I understand if no one really remembers. But I did get a ton of inspiration and encouragement from the quilters here when I first started, but then, things just got busy and I didn't have time for a lot of my fun stuff.

Fortunately, before I left I posted a picture of my finished top - a quilt for my mom - waaaaaayyyy back in Sept of 2014. While I didn't actually get to quilt it myself (sent it to a wonderful, local long armer) I finally got it finished and gave it to my mom this past Oct 2...Her 79th birthday!

She was so happy to see it again. I pieced the top on her sewing machine, mostly at her house while I didn't have my own dedicated sewing space. Needless to say she was very surprised to finally see it done! She immediately declared it a "family heirloom" that must stay in the family, hopefully for generations. LOL - I almost cried.

Anyway, wanted to share that it finally got done and inspired me to try and get back in the swing of things. I've got another one pieced and ready for the long armer, and three smaller tops pieced that I think I might be able to straight line quilt myself! I've definitely missed the inspiration of these boards, hopefully I can get back in the swing here too.

Here's mom with the front, and the back (I actually appliqued a heart-shaped label on a leftover strip from the front), and a new addition to the family since I was last here - my great-niece Aria - who's taken a liking to the quilt as well!

Thanks for looking!

Mom's Quilt (Front).jpg Mom's Quilt (Back).jpg Aria (Mom's Quilt).jpg
    Vicki
    Is a Nine Patch part of a 12-Step program? :icon_beuj:

Re: Speaking of a long time...

Great work! Looks like a great snuggler.

Comment

Awww... It brings such a smile to my face. Welcome back and thanks for sharing the happiness.
      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Your mom looks so happy! Lovely quilt.

Jeannette

Comment

Hey Vicki, welcome back! Great job on the quilt. You and your mom must be very proud of it.
          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Welcome back to the forum, I hope to see more often, her quilt looks great and her mother is so happy, congratulations for a beautiful job

Comment

Your Mom is positively glowing, we can all see that in this wonderful photo! Welcome back to our little world here. I love your quilt. Nice job on the back too. Very artsy of you!

Comment

Welcome back to the forum....we saved your place for you. I love your Mom's quilt....just lovely.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Your mom looks like she is glowing with pride!! Wonderful quilt!,

Comment

Welcome back, Vicki! Your mom is beautiful - as is your quilt! Little Aria looks like she might not want to give it back when she wakes up, lol!

Comment

Welcome back and your quilt is amazing.
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I love this quilt. I really like the colors and story. Your Mom's reaction to this quilt, and your reaction to her reaction.....are why we do what we do.
                        And what a blessing to be able to sew with your Mom at your side! So sweet!
                        Welcome back, like Bubby said "we saved a place for you".
                        sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

I love your quilt and such a nice story to go with it. Pretty colors.
                          I think that quilt will be well loved. :-)

Sheep Farmer by day....sigpic....Quilter-in-Training by night
                          The Farmmyfarm

Comment

Love the colors - beautiful quilt!
                            Cindy

Comment

Such a lovely quilt and sweet story! Your mom's smile shows her pride and happiness.

Comment

Working...
                              X