Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scissor holders

Big Bertha Back and scissor holders 002.jpg

I got a bit hooked on making these.......I have made 12 so far.....do you think I need help??????
    ================================================== ==============

Re: Scissor holders

No not at all, in the case of quilting, OCD is quite acceptable, the only help you may need is to replace the fabric in your stash.

They are really cute...I hope some are for gifts, that's a lot of scissors for one person.
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

love them. is the bottom closed or open
      Patrice

Comment

These will make great gifts. One can never have too many scissors...and with holders they'll be that much nicer.
        *~* Myrna *~*
        *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Those are so cute as well as the scissors. They always disappear...even with just the two of us!
          sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Originally posted by csarina View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]12886[/ATTACH]

I got a bit hooked on making these.......I have made 12 so far.....do you think I need help??????
            Those are beautiful.......can you share the pattern....PLEASE????
            I'm a hairdresser, so I have and use all kinds of scissors, this would be so cool to maken!!!

You did a very great job, what a super idea to use scraps and make something so nice out of them!!

Klasien
            It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Comment

What a great idea, they would be so good for little kids pencil cases, the scissors can't bite if they have a muzzle!!. Would love the pattern.
              Find my creations on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/tinabartondesigns

Comment

these are so cut. I got on a pillow case kick 2 months ago and make about 12 of them. Have yet to find homes for all of them yet. Funny how we can get stuck on something
                I am such a material girl!!!!!:icon_wave: Nena

Comment

Oh, these are fabulous. Is there a pattern you could share? I love them.
                  ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

They're lovely. I'd like to know how you do them. Is there a like to point us to?
                    Thanks so much.

Comment

Great gift idea , always need a safe place to keep scissors .

Comment

Found this on line

http://needlenecessities.blogspot.co...-tutorial.html

Comment

Morning folks,

Kahillusm that scissor holder is for a single pair of scissors, mine holds three pairs. The bottom is closed. Its all in the folding of the fabric.

Its a bit difficult to describe how to make them so later today I will make another, take photos as I do it. and post it in the tutorial section.

I'll post on here to let you know its up.

Here in the UK I got the set of 3 pairs of scissors from Dunelm, I guess in the US somewhere like, Jo-ann's or Michaels might have them.

I retails the empty cases at £3.75 the sets of scissors are £2.99 so with the scissors they are £7.00, have just sent 5 empty cases to Texas.

My machine has been playing up, the needle threader is not working properly so she has to go back to the workshop. I see a big bill coming......it has to be done, I am wanting to sell the machine in the new year as I am getting the new 12000. I cannot sell it without a functioning needle threader.
                          ================================================== ==============

Comment

That is a fantastic gift idea!!! I want one that goes around my neck! I tried the thing where you take the ribbon from the pre-cuts and hang it with scissors around my neck, cut I'm always afraid I'm going to stab myself with the scissors. One of these would be terrific. I wonder if it would feel too heavy. I love the fancy scissors and how they coordinate with the cases. Super cute!
                            Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; December 14, 2011, 04:08 AM.
                            Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Love the holders and want a pair of those scissors. Too cute!
                              Sewing mends the soul.
                              sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                              Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                              ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Working...
                              X