4patch star is 106x106

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4patch star is 106x106

A customer (at the restaurant) told me he wanted one of my quilts. We looked at pictures of all the Shriner quilts I made last year and he told me the ones he liked. I still had no idea of color or pattern. The ones he liked were all very different. So, I have put this together (pieced) and will show him the top when he comes in next time. THen I'll decide how to quilt it. THis is 106x106 and he says he has a California king so I think this would be big enough. The one that he thought he would like and said he would buy is only 86x83 and I'm certain it is too small. So this is my plan B.4patchstar.jpg
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Re: 4patch star is 106x106

I like it! Nice pattern and colors.

Comment

It looks like the cat likes it! That's very pretty. Are you going to quilt it yourself? I have no floor space large enough anymore to lay out & sandwich a large quilt.

Comment

The cat has been watching for two weeks and just itching to touch it. As soon as it hit the floor (which isn't large enough) the cat was on top of it. Now, I have learned a method for sandwiching large quilts. I have a small (30x42 inc) table. I lay the backing on it. Then I start smoothing the batting over the backing, matching up one side and two corners. Then, I lay the top on top ..same thing, matching the two corners and one side. I smooth to the center and pin. Then I scoot the whole thing over until I can match up the other side and smooth that and pin. Then I shove it all down to the other end and do it all again. Takes about 40 min. to do a large quilt and I've never had to (knock on wood) repin with this method. It has been much more successful with my old, on the floor..tape..pin...turn it over...unpin and start over method. I put a pin in each square.
        Terry

Comment

Beautiful colors and love the pattern

Comment

Stars are my faborite! I'm betting he really likes this one. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

It looks great, Terry. I'm sure he'll love it!
              Cindy

Comment

That came out really nice! I love the stars.
                :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Beautiful quilt. I like the pattern and the colors.
                  Have a blessed day
                  Pam[/I]
                  [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Very nice Terry! You really whip them out fast! I'm sure he will really like it. Have you ever tried spray-basting? Once I tried it, I totally gave up pinning for good!
                    I am Sew Blessed!
                    Alina

Comment

I'm amazed how quickly you can make so many beautiful quilts.

Comment

Originally posted by amartin24 View Post
                        Very nice Terry! You really whip them out fast! I'm sure he will really like it. Have you ever tried spray-basting? Once I tried it, I totally gave up pinning for good!
                        I was going to try the spray, but I got some fabric samples that had been spray basted at the tops (at least I assume it was spray basting) to hold them together and then I took them apart and was sewing them in squares and they were sticky and my machine hated it, so I am afraid...I am very afraid. The clean up of my machines needle really turned me off. Of course, these samples are from 2003 and perhaps the spray is just gummy after such a long time.
                        Terry

Comment

Oh I love this! Beautiful!
                          sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

This is beautiful.. He will love it.

Comment

Working...
                            X