Cats in the Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cats in the Library

This is one of my latest lap quilts. I've been wanting to do a red and white quilt. The border isn't strictly red and white but I just fell in love with the fabric and thought oh what the heck I'll just do the red and whites for the center.

https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Re: Cats in the Library

Beautiful!

The border fabric reminds me of a fleece throw I bought several years ago. Cats sleeping on bookcase shelves.
    Vonnie

Comment

That is awesome! The center is great...you did a great job, and the border fabric just brings it home. It's so fun!
      Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
      Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

This is beautiful!
        Cindy

Comment

very nice quilt. You should be proud
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Thanks :-) And Vonnie it wouldn't surprise me if the border isn't the same print you talked about with your flannel one. There are cats sleeping and playing all over those bookshelves. I just couldn't get a good close up picture of it.

I'm thinking of it for a retired friend of mine. She was a teacher for many moons and she is so dedicated to caring for a group of feral cats by her house. She also is the person who started the local dog shelter years ago here and still does a lot for the PURR cat shelter here. She's such a sweet woman.
              Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Did anyone ever read the book, DEWEY, THE SMALL-TOWN LIBRARY CAT WHO TOUCHED THE WORLD? True story. He's also featured in some videos on YouTube. You did a great job on your quilt.

Comment

I never read Dewey. I'll have to take a look next time I'm at the library :-)

Comment

Love this quilt. I love the center....looks like something I could do.
                    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                    sigpic

Comment

Beautiful quilt.

Comment

Love that pattern....and especially love the cat border! Well done!
                        Peggiep
                        "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Working...
                        X