• Yanna
    replied
    Re: Backpack

Great job.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

I had to read this again today, since that last line gave me such a giggle yesterday!

Your backpack is beautiful and just my colors!

Leave a comment:

• amartin24
    replied

Awesome job! I have yet to tackle a purse, wallet, or backpack so I admire your tenacity.

Leave a comment:

• stationarymom
    replied

Love it the colors and the size are great! You did a great job.

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

I love it, and I am sure sure does too.

Leave a comment:

• SummerK
    replied

It's super cute though! I'm sure she loves it!

Leave a comment:

• Papa
    replied

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Love the backpack and I really enjoy making them. But I agree, the bias binding is very hard to get straight, but it is so tucked around the edges that you can't really see how straight ( or not) the binding is! All my luggage pieces and backpacks use this method of finishing, it does get easier to manage the more you do. I think the best way is to use a pretty wide binding piece and sew it around the outside edge first, then wrap it and sew the inside edge. I think that is how I did it.
    If I did another one, I would put the binding on before it was assembled. Live and learn.

Leave a comment:

• mcs80013
    replied

I feel your pain about the bias bound edges. I would be drinking some scotch and doing a little cursing myself. However, great job. It looks fabulous

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

Love the backpack and I really enjoy making them. But I agree, the bias binding is very hard to get straight, but it is so tucked around the edges that you can't really see how straight ( or not) the binding is! All my luggage pieces and backpacks use this method of finishing, it does get easier to manage the more you do. I think the best way is to use a pretty wide binding piece and sew it around the outside edge first, then wrap it and sew the inside edge. I think that is how I did it.

Leave a comment:

• Cokie
    replied

That's really cute!!

Leave a comment:

• Doloris
    replied

LOL, I can relate to the bias bound seams. I usually just get out the serger and serge the edges of all pieces before I start sewing. Then all the edges are covered as I sew. BackPack looks great

Leave a comment:

• Papa
    started a topic Backpack

Backpack

My daughter found this pattern on Craftsy and decided she needed one. It is a mini backpack and the pattern can be found at byannie.com. It was a challenge to sew because of all the soft and stable, zippers, and pockets with stabilizer.
    The inside edges are supposed to be covered with bias binding but I gave up on that really fast. I tried but had a sudden urge to drink heavily and use bad language.

IMG_0285.JPGIMG_0286.JPG
Working...
X