Backpack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backpack

My daughter found this pattern on Craftsy and decided she needed one. It is a mini backpack and the pattern can be found at byannie.com. It was a challenge to sew because of all the soft and stable, zippers, and pockets with stabilizer.
    The inside edges are supposed to be covered with bias binding but I gave up on that really fast. I tried but had a sudden urge to drink heavily and use bad language.

IMG_0285.JPGIMG_0286.JPG

Re: Backpack

LOL, I can relate to the bias bound seams. I usually just get out the serger and serge the edges of all pieces before I start sewing. Then all the edges are covered as I sew. BackPack looks great
    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

That's really cute!!

Comment

Love the backpack and I really enjoy making them. But I agree, the bias binding is very hard to get straight, but it is so tucked around the edges that you can't really see how straight ( or not) the binding is! All my luggage pieces and backpacks use this method of finishing, it does get easier to manage the more you do. I think the best way is to use a pretty wide binding piece and sew it around the outside edge first, then wrap it and sew the inside edge. I think that is how I did it.

Comment

I feel your pain about the bias bound edges. I would be drinking some scotch and doing a little cursing myself. However, great job. It looks fabulous

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
            Love the backpack and I really enjoy making them. But I agree, the bias binding is very hard to get straight, but it is so tucked around the edges that you can't really see how straight ( or not) the binding is! All my luggage pieces and backpacks use this method of finishing, it does get easier to manage the more you do. I think the best way is to use a pretty wide binding piece and sew it around the outside edge first, then wrap it and sew the inside edge. I think that is how I did it.
            If I did another one, I would put the binding on before it was assembled. Live and learn.

Comment

It's super cute though! I'm sure she loves it!
              Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
              Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

I love it, and I am sure sure does too.
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

Love it the colors and the size are great! You did a great job.
                  :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Awesome job! I have yet to tackle a purse, wallet, or backpack so I admire your tenacity.
                    I am Sew Blessed!
                    Alina

Comment

I had to read this again today, since that last line gave me such a giggle yesterday!

Your backpack is beautiful and just my colors!
                      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Great job.

Comment

Working...
                        X