• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    mischiefkat

• mischiefkat
    replied
    Re: Pinwheel Prairie Point baby quilt

Great quilt. just for curiosity sake how big is your quilt. I too have issues with others over the size of baby or crib quilts. Thanks Kathy

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser

• jjkaiser
    replied

That is so cute. Love your prairie points!!

Leave a comment:

• Caroline T.

• Caroline T.
    replied

Very sweet & colorful.

Leave a comment:

• tlragogo

• tlragogo
    replied

I'm guilty of making baby quilts too big....just get kind of carried away. Regardless of size all baby quilts are appreciated and loved.

My question is, why does the original post have a "thumbs down" tag for such a beautiful quilt?

Leave a comment:

• bakermom

• bakermom
    replied

Very nice!

Leave a comment:

• klgls

• klgls
    replied

I love prairie points in a baby quilt - gives them something to grab and just adds additional cuteness! Love yours!

Leave a comment:

• KaylaWalker

• KaylaWalker
    replied

Sweet baby quilt. Your prairie points are precious.

Leave a comment:

• Elaine21

• Elaine21
    replied

I made this quilt for my second grandson just because I wanted to try prairie points. I found it to be a great baby quilt...so fun to make. Yours looks great!

Leave a comment:

• seaturtle

• seaturtle
    replied

That turned out great, Carol. I love adding Prairie Points, too. It is much easier to do than you originally think it is going to be.

Leave a comment:

• Lori63

• Lori63
    replied

What a cute quilt! Carol, you've inspired me to try prairie points. What method did you use to make your HST/pinwheels?

Leave a comment:

• BethB

• BethB
    replied

Love the prairie points, Carol. I will be starting a baby quilt, hopefully by the end of the year (just need to know if it will be a boy or girl). I just might try prairie points on it. Thanks for the idea.
    Nancy

Leave a comment:

• DeniseSm

• DeniseSm
    replied

Very pretty. Prairie points will add such a wonderful tactile feel to the quilt.

Leave a comment:

• songbird857

• songbird857
    replied

Adorable quilt!! I really do need to try prairie points

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon

• Hulamoon
    replied

Originally posted by snippet View Post
    No, she doesn't agree yet. That's why I'm going to bring it to her and show her. Plus, I've been thinking about it a lot. Little quilts are easy to wash when they get dirty, easy to tuck in a baby bag, and easy to wrap a baby in, or wrap over a baby carrier/stroller. A twin just doesn't travel well and it's a hassle to wash when a baby spits up on it.

She thinks long term though. And yes a twin quilt will be used in later years, but it's not a baby quilt.
    I made a quilt for my eldest dd , about the size of yours. It had a ruffle and was sweet and babyish. She sort of abandoned it and my younger one took it over. She thought I had made it for her. I was never going to tell her the truth until my big mouth step dd told her the story. But I digress, lol, she slept with that little rag until she left home and actually called one time to find out where it was. I packed it away in a large zip-loc.

So tell your friend that little ones love those blankets (quilts) they can drag around until they are rags. lol There is always time to make a big kid quilt later on, especially when they show interest in something like bugs or ballerinas.
    Hulamoon
    Last edited by Hulamoon; October 11, 2016, 12:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• snippet

• snippet
    replied

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
    That is such a sweet quilt!! Did your friend agree she might be making her baby quilts to big?
    No, she doesn't agree yet. That's why I'm going to bring it to her and show her. Plus, I've been thinking about it a lot. Little quilts are easy to wash when they get dirty, easy to tuck in a baby bag, and easy to wrap a baby in, or wrap over a baby carrier/stroller. A twin just doesn't travel well and it's a hassle to wash when a baby spits up on it.

She thinks long term though. And yes a twin quilt will be used in later years, but it's not a baby quilt.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X