• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pinwheel Prairie Point baby quilt

Very sweet & colorful.

Comment

That is so cute. Love your prairie points!!

Comment

Great quilt. just for curiosity sake how big is your quilt. I too have issues with others over the size of baby or crib quilts. Thanks Kathy
        All quilts cat tested and approved.
        sigpic

Comment

I love your quilt and the prairie points. I've never made prairie points but my first thought was - would these "poke" a baby, perhaps in the eye? Or, are they soft enough that it wouldn't be a worry?
          I am Sew Blessed!
          Alina

Comment

Love this quilt, especially the PP sashing) This is a great way to use it all up,, and i am ALL about that!! GB
            "Each day well-lived and Happy;
            that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

So cute! Love the addition of the prairie points!

Comment

Love this little quilt. Love the prairie points. I have done several with them. It just adds that little extra touch, that is so sweet.
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

Your quilt is adorable and I love the prairie points! They're so easy to make and add extra cuteness. Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by Lori63 View Post
                    What a cute quilt! Carol, you've inspired me to try prairie points. What method did you use to make your HST/pinwheels?
                    I used the 'draw a line diagonally and sew 1/4 on each side method' or 2 at a time is what I call it. I thought about Jenny's 4 at a time method, but that would create blocks of a different size and I was afraid that would screw up the prairie points. I should have set down and worked the math, but I wasn't in the mood, so I just went with the pattern directions.

I'm thinking the 4 at a time method would make nicer looking pinwheels. The original ones are a little too big for me. Plus the entire pinwheel will be the same fabric and there will be 24 of them, not 12.

Comment

Originally posted by tlragogo View Post
                      I'm guilty of making baby quilts too big....just get kind of carried away. Regardless of size all baby quilts are appreciated and loved.

My question is, why does the original post have a "thumbs down" tag for such a beautiful quilt?
                      yeah, I think that is what happens to my friend too. Plus she always buys more fabric than what the pattern calls for. I'm trying to get her to trust the numbers, and she's improving a bit there because she sees the leftovers.

I don't know why that thumbs down icon is there. Most likely I accidentally clicked it and didn't realize it. my mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by amartin24 View Post
                        I love your quilt and the prairie points. I've never made prairie points but my first thought was - would these "poke" a baby, perhaps in the eye? Or, are they soft enough that it wouldn't be a worry?
                        Since they are just folded and don't have any interfacing or other stiff material, they are soft enough; I don't think they will do any harm to a little one.

Comment

I just love your baby quilt with the prairie points - wonderful colors too.

Comment

This is sooo cute!

Comment

Cute! I was introduced to a lady who like to put prairie points in her quilts for loved ones. She made a quilt for her daughter and her daughter insisted she write little notes under the prairie points about the love she has for her daughter.

So for anyone who makes a baby quilt, you can add this idea at the last minute before you gift it at the baby shower and have everyone there write a note to baby.

Incidentally this quilter lady was diagnosed with cancer and will not probably make it through. So her daughter will have those love notes from her mother to cuddle with when she can no longer say the words.
                              Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

This is an adorable quilt and maybe some day I'll be brave enough to tackle prairie points!
                                Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

Working...
                                X