Pinwheel Prairie Point baby quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinwheel Prairie Point baby quilt

I made this baby quilt for two reasons. I wanted to try prairie points. I wanted to show my fellow quilting bee friend how big baby quilt normally is. She makes 'baby quilts' that are bigger than twin size!

The prairie points are so easy I don't know why I never made them before. It's an easy quilt to make with just a charm pack and background fabric - so it's great for those DD charm packs we can't resist!

Re: Pinwheel Prairie Point baby quilt

Your quilt is adorable! I love the colors and the prairie points.
    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

That is such a sweet quilt!! Did your friend agree she might be making her baby quilts to big?
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
        That is such a sweet quilt!! Did your friend agree she might be making her baby quilts to big?
        No, she doesn't agree yet. That's why I'm going to bring it to her and show her. Plus, I've been thinking about it a lot. Little quilts are easy to wash when they get dirty, easy to tuck in a baby bag, and easy to wrap a baby in, or wrap over a baby carrier/stroller. A twin just doesn't travel well and it's a hassle to wash when a baby spits up on it.

She thinks long term though. And yes a twin quilt will be used in later years, but it's not a baby quilt.

Comment

Originally posted by snippet View Post
          No, she doesn't agree yet. That's why I'm going to bring it to her and show her. Plus, I've been thinking about it a lot. Little quilts are easy to wash when they get dirty, easy to tuck in a baby bag, and easy to wrap a baby in, or wrap over a baby carrier/stroller. A twin just doesn't travel well and it's a hassle to wash when a baby spits up on it.

She thinks long term though. And yes a twin quilt will be used in later years, but it's not a baby quilt.
          I made a quilt for my eldest dd , about the size of yours. It had a ruffle and was sweet and babyish. She sort of abandoned it and my younger one took it over. She thought I had made it for her. I was never going to tell her the truth until my big mouth step dd told her the story. But I digress, lol, she slept with that little rag until she left home and actually called one time to find out where it was. I packed it away in a large zip-loc.

So tell your friend that little ones love those blankets (quilts) they can drag around until they are rags. lol There is always time to make a big kid quilt later on, especially when they show interest in something like bugs or ballerinas.
          Last edited by Hulamoon; October 11, 2016, 12:44 AM.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Adorable quilt!! I really do need to try prairie points

Comment

Very pretty. Prairie points will add such a wonderful tactile feel to the quilt.
              Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Love the prairie points, Carol. I will be starting a baby quilt, hopefully by the end of the year (just need to know if it will be a boy or girl). I just might try prairie points on it. Thanks for the idea.
                Nancy

Comment

What a cute quilt! Carol, you've inspired me to try prairie points. What method did you use to make your HST/pinwheels?
                  Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

That turned out great, Carol. I love adding Prairie Points, too. It is much easier to do than you originally think it is going to be.
                    Cindy

Comment

I made this quilt for my second grandson just because I wanted to try prairie points. I found it to be a great baby quilt...so fun to make. Yours looks great!
                      Elaine

Comment

Sweet baby quilt. Your prairie points are precious.

Comment

I love prairie points in a baby quilt - gives them something to grab and just adds additional cuteness! Love yours!
                          ***Kathy***

Comment

Very nice!
                            “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I'm guilty of making baby quilts too big....just get kind of carried away. Regardless of size all baby quilts are appreciated and loved.

My question is, why does the original post have a "thumbs down" tag for such a beautiful quilt?

Comment

Working...
                              X