Sister's adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sister's adventure

In answer to "Stitchwishes" thread.. I am a huge FBTSOMP girl. The older i get the more adventerous i become
    I start so many patterns and end up switching things around either because i messed up, or just thought of something else!
    This is a "top" my Sister created out of a huge pile of pieces she had cut and pressed in half to make 'tea wallets". Sis gets a bit carried away with her process. She decided she liked my "scrappy quilts" and came up with this idea for using up her "pieces"... She said.."do what you can on that quilt machine thing you have"...LOL
    This was perfect for me to practice a bit and it turned out pretty good. I know she is going to love it and can sell it at her craft fairs this fall. We don't care about huge pricing,, just love to have fun and create together...
    So here is "Paula's Patchwork")paula's tea wallet quilt.jpg
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Re: Sister's adventure

I really like this one, that's going on my to do list for sure!

Comment

That turned out really nice!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

FBTSOMP? Please translate.

The quilt turned out great. What a wonderful team effort.

Comment

Really nice quilt. Will you tell how you put them together ? Kathy
          All quilts cat tested and approved.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by quiltsRfun View Post

Flying by the seat of my pants
            Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

"quilt machine thing" LOL

Well it just goes to show, YOU can do alot with the "quilt machine thing". It's lovely!

Comment

Fly By The Seat Of My Pants)))
                Originally posted by quiltsRfun View Post

Comment

To put it simply...
                  She had "squares" (guessing about 4 or 5 inches).. pressed in HALF.. and some how placed them around a center square... then just sashed them all together! I pieced the backing fabric she had and mostly just "anchored all the flapping pieces down...LOL

You gotta know Sis,, she hasn't a clue about quilting or piecing, just wanted to "give it a try to use it up!
                  She yard sales and gets bargains you would not believe, including people that just "bring her yards and yards of decent fabric"...
                  She is a "Polio" survivor,, that's the only way i can put it... and her health is a huge challenge! Survived Breast Cancer,,, has an "illiostomy" and severe joint damage BUT nothing stops her and she does whatever she can to make $5.00 work as 20..LOL

Our Dad was a GIVER and it rubbed off on us so we just get a joy from sharing and giving..
                  She will likely sell this quilt for around 20 or 30 dollars,,,, huge money for her and the person that buys it ends up with the biggest smile ever!!! I get a warm feeling knowing that Dad looks down and says... Good job Barbie... He loved to watch me knit, crochet or sew... then would wise crack... "What a ya' building Barbie"!!!

Comment

Your talents always amaze me, and this is no different. You are definitely one of those people that can make something beautiful out of just about anything. You did good Barbie.
                    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow! That quilt looks lovely and your story is even more awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Very pretty quilt.

Comment

This is a pretty quilt. It turned out to be a great joint effort with your sister.

Comment

Thanks for interpreting the initials. I also was wondering. A nice story of how this quilt got made.

Comment

Nice quilt and quilting. I also loved your story. Thanks for sharing. Made me take a moment and think of my Dad. He always said " You rip more than you stitch. How do you ever get done?" As for the sewing, the machine was in his bedroom, so it was always " Time to clean off the sewing table, a man needs to sleep" Loved than man.

Comment

Working...
                              X