X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JanHHWY2AZ
    replied
    Re: Autumn Sweet Stars Quilt 2016

Hi cv quilter .. I went to Shop Hop in Prescott Valley and yes went to these shops .. I won the RowXRow for Quilts on Route 66 so yes, I have been there and have gone to Pine Country in Williams several times .. it would be fun to meet up there. Do get to Chino Valley occasionally, my sister lives in north Prescott .. she is a Probation Officer for Yavapai County and also a quilter/sewer & crocheter .. I will give a go at sending you a PM to share personal info! Great to meet you here!

Leave a comment:

• Larinelle
    replied

looks like yummy cookies to me very nice colors!

Leave a comment:

• Auntie Uli
    replied

I love your quilt, you did a great job!! I think I have to put this pattern on my list....

Leave a comment:

• SallyO'Sews
    replied

Oh, that's lovely! Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• cv quilter
    replied

Jan, I would love to take you to Quilt and Sew Connection in Prescott Valley and to Cloth Plus in Prescott Valley. Also, have you been to Quilts on Route 66 in Williams? And have you been to Pine Country Restaurant in Williams, right around the corner from Q on Rt 66? It would be wonderful to meet you. We could meet you there and have breakfast and SHOP! Have you ever been to Chino Valley? If you ever get through here I would love to meet you and we have a guest bedroom. PM me and we can share info! Also, obviously you have been to Odegaards......not much else in your area.

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

That turned out great. Your mom will surely love sleeping under it.

Leave a comment:

• Patsquilting
    replied

Very nice - I can see today's DD in this pattern

Leave a comment:

• JanHHWY2AZ
    replied

Hi, yes I do live in Flagstaff .. It is getting much cooler here and the leaves are turning everywhere .. my Mom is coming in Weds from Phoenix so I cautioned her that it is much brisker and windy here and of course I finished the quilt for layering on the guest bed .. Sadly we do not have great fabric stores here in Flagstaff .. I went to Shop Hop in Prescott Valley, Cottonwood & Sedona as well as Williams but I usually have to order online [often from MSQC] ... where do you fabric shop in your area?

Leave a comment:

• JanHHWY2AZ
    replied

It is the Autumn Sweet Stars pattern recently posted in a tutorial by Jenny Doan; they also have a kit online and in their recent fall catalog. I think their kit has Batik fabrics and mine was made from my stash.

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

I agree with all the above comments. A beautiful job.

Leave a comment:

• amartin24
    replied

I just love Star quilts. Yours is beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• Altairss
    replied

Jennie did a tutorial called Sweet stars and Autumn sweet stars . Sweet stars was in 2010 had no sashing and updated in 2016 it was called Autumn sweet stars
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORH13QQKoWs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMUjxJeviDY

The Ribbon star has instead of a solid corner a little square next to your strip Same basic block mostly with little twists
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKdnP3E-TNc

Originally posted by Claire Hallman View Post
    Is it not the same? They frequently use different names for the same quilt in the magazine vs the videos.
    I have one of these [from Block] cut and ready to go using Crazy for Reds which also has a lot of tans. I am using shirting prints with red on cream, can't wait to get a couple of things done so I can do some piecing on it.

Leave a comment:

• rebeccas-sewing
    replied

I love star quilts and this one is no exception. It's just wonderful and I agree that it looks so great with those red shams. Your mom is going to love it.

Leave a comment:

• cv quilter
    replied

Jan, That is beautiful! Love it. So fun with all the various fabrics! Are you in or near Flagstaff? Just curious as I live in Chino Valley. And it was pretty cool here this morning, 38 degrees! Pellet Stove here is fired up this morning.

Leave a comment:

• baskets4deb
    replied

Welcome to the forum from Idaho! Your quilt is lovely! Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X