X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iluvbaking
    replied
    Re: Double sliced layer cake

Maureen, I fell in love with your quilt & fabrics when first posted. Tried hard but could not find the same layer cake so got a Wooliesflannel in neutrals. Among other things, I really like the placement of lights in your quilt. Did you purposely select your blocks so it worked out that they show somewhat like an L shape? That's not worded very clearly but I hope you know what I mean. After all this time, I just cut my squares and thought I'd ask before I begin putting them back together.

Leave a comment:

• Larinelle
    replied

Looks wonderful, it's really man's quilt!

Leave a comment:

• misstrixella
    replied

Very pretty quilt! I love the double slice pattern- always beautiful results and very easy to piece.

Leave a comment:

• DeniseSm
    replied

Very handsome. Love the FMQ too.

Leave a comment:

• tsladaritz
    replied

I really like the color combo. I have a layer cake of fabric I want to use to make a lap type quilt similar to this for myself. I am short so I think it would work. Love how this turned out! Can you tell me about the size this turned out?

Okay I saw where you told us what size. LOL ty
    Last edited by tsladaritz; October 1, 2016, 09:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JaniceR
    replied

Originally posted by Grandma G View Post
    Love everything about this quilt from the pattern to the coloring to the exquisite quilting. My inner child keeps telling me I want to have your skills when I grow up!! Beautiful work, as always!
    I feel the same way Gerri! And I too love this quilt! I looked for the layer cake after seeing it, but I think I have missed out. I don't think it's around anymore. If so, I can't find it.

Everything about it is just beautiful!!

Leave a comment:

• SummerK
    replied

It's so pretty! I love your quilting. <3

Leave a comment:

• Grey Lady
    replied

Beautiful quilt. Great choice for a man. I love your quilting.

Leave a comment:

• Grandma G
    replied

Love everything about this quilt from the pattern to the coloring to the exquisite quilting. My inner child keeps telling me I want to have your skills when I grow up!! Beautiful work, as always!

Leave a comment:

• iluvbaking
    replied

I just love your quilt. First time I think that I've seen the double slice in what I call "less busy" fabrics. Looks fantastic!

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

It's so beautiful! And the quilting too! I made this in florals, but this is so much nicer.

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

It turned out beautifully. I love blue and white quilts. Or any variation within those colorways.

Leave a comment:

• Cool Breeze Quilter
    replied

This turned out great and the colors are masculine. It will be a warm and soft quilt too.

Leave a comment:

• Bababoo
    replied

Originally posted by sewluvit View Post
    Awesome quilt! I have one Woolies Flannel layer cake and was sure it wasn't enough for a quilt. Got it at a good price, the last one at that location. Could you tell me the measurements of your quilt?
    It makes a decent sized lap quilt at 54" X 63" approximately. Six blocks across by seven down. I did cut the finished blocks down to 9 1/4" so they would all be the same. I do find that the layer cakes aren't always exactly 10" to start with.

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied

This turned out so pretty in those colors! Nice job. I have loads of charm packs, only a few layer cakes. If anybody reading this has made this pattern with CP instead of LC, how many packs did you use and did it turn out ok? I was thinking I could cut the charms into 2" + 3" pieces and that would probably work. Or I suppose I could go shopping for another layer cake but trying to use up stash right now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X