My First Quilts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Quilts

These two quilts are my very first. I have never used a sewing machine but since my grandmother passed I wanted to keep her legacy alive. She would always make quilts for new babies in the family. So now these two quilts will find their way to family and friends as they welcome their new little ones. I have been hooked since my first quilt and can honestly say I am addicted. Please let me know what you think of these quilts and I am open to suggestions to help me get better. I did do my own free motion on these two quilts so it's certainly isn't great but I gave it a go.
    Attached Files

Re: My First Quilts

Good morning! Great job! You're a natural. Have fun, your grandmother is smiling down on you!!

Comment

I love them both. Awesome job ! I can't believe those are your first quilts and you have never used a sewing machine. I think your a natural.

Comment

Beautiful work on them. Your grandmother would be proud.
        Ceana

Comment

You're a natural. Beautiful quilts. I wish my first efforts had looked that good.
          Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Great job. They both turned out really nice! My suggestion is to make more quilts!!
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

His quilts are beautiful and the padding is really amazing,congratulations

Comment

You did a fantastic job, even more so since you were not an experienced seamstress/sewer/quilter to begin with. You go, girl!

Comment

You have a wonderful sense of color and balance. Great job!
                  https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                  Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Beautiful quilts! I admire your tenacity!
                    I am Sew Blessed!
                    Alina

Comment

I must admit, the little green eyed monster of envy reared his ugly head in me when I saw your first attempts. You did a fantastic job and I can find nothing to critique. Your block corners line up beautifully, your color choices and layout is very appealling to the eye, your mitered corners on your binding is awesome, and as for your FMQ, well all I can say is "GREAT JOB"!

You obviously inherited your Grandmothers skills and talent, and I'm sure she is smiling down at you from Heaven.

Comment

Very pretty. Great job. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Your quilts are just beautiful and how wonderful that you are carrying on your Grandmother's tradition. It is a lovely connection to have. I didn't venture into FMQ until I had many quilts (and years) behind so I admire you for jumping right in. It is the perfect size to get started on. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Wonderful work!
                            Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

I think your piecing is phenomenal for first time on a sewing machine and I find it hard to believe that your FMQ skills are so honed for a first time quilter.
                              Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                              Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X