Two Kid's Quilts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Kid's Quilts

I recently made these quilts for my running coach's business partner and his wife. Their second daughter is now a week old and their older daughter is a little over 2.

For those of you who love the Fancy Forest quilt, let me say that it is WAY more work than I ever thought. There are 19 pieces in each of the owl's eyes alone. I highly doubt that I will go on to make the large version.

Also, I rented time on a long arm machine (HandiQuilter Simply Sixteen) for the first time. It was a blast and SO much faster than pushing a quilt through my domestic machine.

IMG_4200.jpgIMG_4203.JPG

PS: I have NO idea why my photos come in sideways on this board.

Re: Two Kid's Quilts

Oh, wow, they turned out great!
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Gorgeous quilts!

Comment

Those turned out great! I love the pink and purple Fancy Forest. I do intend to tackle it at some time, but it will probably be more of a long-term project. Thanks for the heads up.
        Cindy

Comment

Love your colors. My daughter made the fancy forest and I was fascinated by it. However, I won't be making it. And I am astounded when you and my daughter work that hard and give it away. Bless you
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

Love both quilts. Love the bright colors.

Comment

Simply beautiful quilts! I admire your perseverance through such a challenging Forest quilt!
              I am Sew Blessed!
              Alina

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                Love your colors. My daughter made the fancy forest and I was fascinated by it. However, I won't be making it. And I am astounded when you and my daughter work that hard and give it away. Bless you
                Terry, I have made at least 30 quilts in my 13 years and all but 2 of them have been given away. It's kind of my thing.

Comment

Very well done!! These are happy & cheerful quilts, sure to be loved.

Comment

These are just adorable!! Lucky little girls. Nice work!

Terri

Comment

Very cute quilts. I know what you mean about using the longarm. I don't think I'll ever go back to pushing one through my DM again.

Comment

Those turned out great. I was tempted to buy the FF kit when Craftsy had it on sale, but I know how detailed Elizabeth Hartman's designs are. I admire you for sticking with it and finishing it.
                        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Absolutely wonderful quilts! I can't imagine the work involved. Everyone will be thrilled with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                            Those turned out great. I was tempted to buy the FF kit when Craftsy had it on sale, but I know how detailed Elizabeth Hartman's designs are. I admire you for sticking with it and finishing it.
                            Barb, there were many bad words said in my sewing room and the dog went running in the other direction. There was also some "reverse sewing" done.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments.

Comment

Working...
                              X