X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anitamae56
    replied
    Re: quilt and notebook cover

Your quilt is really pretty, I think I will borrow your idea of the notebook. I loved it ! Thank you for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• KarenC
    replied

Cute quilt and the matching journal is a nice touch.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Your quilt and notebooks will make wonderful gifts!

Leave a comment:

• MayinJerset
    replied

I love the quilt and adding the fabric covered note book is a great idea.

Happy you posted pattern tutorial and your notes as I think I'll make some for the great grandkids ages 2 - 5. Composition books are 50 cents each during the Back To School sales and will pick up a dozen or so for little Christmas gifts for my many great nieces and nephews who range from 4 - 10, as I kike to give them all a little gift for Christmas. Packs of coloring pencils are also on sale, will get some of those also.

Leave a comment:

• Mimi_Howard
    replied

I started with this you tube video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFQTEARWCtk (just search for sewing note book covers)
    With each attempt they turned out better. I finally found my "nitch" on the last one (go figure). Which basically was to prepare the rectangle (over size) and then lay book down and trace... Position the flaps and then use the drawn line as a sewing guide. I am horrible at measuring first, easier to trace the item and add seam allowances from that line. Hope this makes sense. First one was way too loose and last one is like perfect fit! Wished I would have included a ribbon for using as bookmarker .. next version I will.

Thank you for all the kind words!

Leave a comment:

• CarolynK
    replied

What a nice idea for the journals! All are gorgeous and such happy, bright colors.

Leave a comment:

• vbarb1014
    replied

My DGD is having a few issues at this time, I made her a silky blankie which she loves but I think I will also do a journal and cover to match. Great Idea.. maybe for me too!!!haha

Leave a comment:

• Illini Linda
    replied

I love what you've done also. Beautiful quilt and book covers. I'd love to know where I could find the book pattern also.
    Thanks for sharing.

Linda

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

That frog fabric is great!!! What pattern did you use for the book covers?

Leave a comment:

• stationarymom
    replied

Beautiful quilt! I really like the journal covers,what a neat idea.Every kid should have some place to write down all their thoughts and feelings.

Leave a comment:

• iluvbaking
    replied

So cute - a happy quilt with a matching notebook for happy thoughts. Very nice!

Leave a comment:

• Simply Quilting
    replied

Wonderful gifts.

Leave a comment:

• SuzyQue
    replied

Great gifts! I, too, love the sweet dreams idea.

Leave a comment:

• Mimi_Howard
    replied

I got the eyes at Joanns. The strap around is fold over elastic and I hot glued the button/eyes to hide the seam of elastic. So when you pull off the elastic it doesn't come completely off... I could just see them pulling it off and then shooting it like a rubber band at each other.

Leave a comment:

• Grandma Nan
    replied

I love this and how bright and happy it looks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X