Questioning myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questioning myself

So I had this brainstorm this last spring and I ran with it without really thinking about "side issues" until I had 6 yards of fabric that could not be used for anyone else. My aunt's newish husband has a thing for Mt Lions.
    After some searching I found the bloody fabric and instead of thinking of it as a lap quilt just for him, I ordered the amount needed for a queen size quilt.

The cause of this lunacy is that I got fascinated by the "Stack and Whack" process which I had done as a 4 patch and decided I had to do the Octagon pattern. I actually did a variant as far as how the octagons are joined together, the "star" looking photo is how the "original" pattern uses them. Those blue legs are trimmed to make the block square (10.5") in this quilt.

So now it is done and going to the LAQ in next few days. It is cool but it really doesn't have anything "of" my aunt except for the corner color which is hard to read as kind of a chambray blue in these photos and the outside border color which is shades of "boysenberry". On some of them it is impossible to tell they are lions but others are clearly lion. I really like the fabric in the sashing and the inside border, it is birch tree trunks.

She will love it because I made it for them but I really should have made it his personal and something more to both of there interests as a queen. Oh well
    (click on the PDF for closer view)

Fabric.pdf

Re: Questioning myself

I don't think she'll notice.....
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I think she will be pleased with the overall design of the quilt and not really notice it was for him only.
      No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
      Aesop

Comment

I agree with the others. It's a great quilt.

Comment

I, too, think your aunt will love it... It's a beautiful quilt... But, I understand how you feel... Try not to worry about it... Their smiles will make you feel lots better.

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Well I think your quilt is quite amazing, and very beautiful! I'm sure your aunt and husband will love it! I am so intrigued by these quilts, I started one last year but didn't get too far. I like how you added the corners to make the block square. The ones I've seen don't have sashing, and the blocks blend together, but this is very effective especially with the subject matter and the very cool sashing fabric you chose!

Comment

Wow, I'm really impressed with the beautiful patterns created from your focal fabric. Beautiful job! I also love your sashing fabric.....just perfect for the theme. They'll love this quilt, who wouldn't?

Comment

I'm sure all your aunt will notice is the beautiful quilt you made with personal interests taken into consideration, all you work, and the great gift this is.

Comment

Oh it is wonderful, you did a great job. I think she will love it, and being lion he is sure to also.
                  Vicki C:icon_hi:

Comment

Neat quilt!!!!

Comment

I really like this - and I love the sashing fabric! It is perfect.
                      Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

Thank you all for your encouragement it is very much appreciated.

Comment

It is lovely. You know they are going to be so happy
                          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                          Terry

Comment

I love it!

Comment

Very cool quilt!
                              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                              X