Black Tie Affair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Tie Affair

Loved this fabric when I saw it and knew from day one the quilt I wanted it for. Even loved the name of it. Of course I was a little short so had to buy a couple of pieces of yardage. I did find it unraveled easily but I was able to work with that. Love the way it came out. Even my husband does. Now to get it quilted. And I am planning to put a black border on it. Hope you like it.

black tie 2.jpg

blacktie.jpg
    sigpic my goal is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am

Re: Black Tie Affair

It turned out beautifully! I like this fabric too.

Comment

So classey looking. Love how it turned out.
      Karen
      Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Love it! Looks great!

Comment

I love the pattern you used what is the name of it?
          :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Love it, great job!

Comment

That's a really interesting pattern and a cool looking quilt for sure. But after staring at it and starring at it I cannot figure out how you put the blocks together like that! The blocks aren't even either across or in columns, and it is just driving me crazy that I can't figure it out!

Comment

That's lovely, it looks very sophisticated, great job!!

Comment

Originally posted by stationarymom View Post
                  I love the pattern you used what is the name of it?
                  Here's Jenny's tutorial:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8xg...VFDHmDXqCIzuAw
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Awesome quilt, perfect fabric for this pattern!
                    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                      Actually this is not done with striped fabric. It is done entirely with 2.5 inch stripes.

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                        That's a really interesting pattern and a cool looking quilt for sure. But after staring at it and starring at it I cannot figure out how you put the blocks together like that! The blocks aren't even either across or in columns, and it is just driving me crazy that I can't figure it out!
                        All the blocks are 12.5 inches. When figuring out the design. I started with the center block which is the only one with 4 identical blocks. Then I worked backwards. I made 4 sets of 3 blocks. Each of the 4 sets were different. They wrap around the center block. Then I did the same again with the next row. In all I needed 4 identical blocks for the center, 8 sets of 3 to wrap the corners, 12 sets of two to fill in between and 4 totally different for the corners. I labeled them and made a print out so I could arrange them. The block itself starts out with a 2.5 black and a 2.5 white and works out from that making sure the 2.5 black is on an outside corner. There are 56 blocks in all. AS for the pattern I first used it by copying a minature quilt out of Keepsake quilting back in 2000 so I have no idea. Ginny tutorial is similar but she uses striped fabric.

Comment

How clever is that! I love this. How big of a quilt did that make I have been trying to come up with a pattern to use with the gray and oranges I have been saving up for my nephews quilt and this might just work.
                          Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

For those wanting to make something smaller scale but similar this pattern on Moda bake shop offers another option.
                            http://www.modabakeshop.com/2013/06/...res-quilt.html
                            Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

Well after your long explanation I am more impressed than ever. I honestly don't think I would be able to assemble that, the blocks yes, but I would be in a tizzy trying to put them together. Yours turned out Great!!! Thanks for taking the time to explain the process.

Comment

Working...
                              X