Labyrinth Walk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labyrinth Walk

It is done-in record time none the less. I did not like making this, did not want to make this, but a "friend" told me I was going to make this for her to use on her new queen size bed. She saw one while on vacation, sent me a picture and wanted me to make it from the pic. She got a bit upset when I told her if I had a pattern I would look at it to see if I could do it. A few days later she dropped by with pattern and fabrics. I don't think the fabrics she picked are really good for the quilt and if I had seen the pattern first I would have told her NO WAY. I did tell her she will have to take it to be quilted since she wants a pretty fancy quilting job.
    labyrinth quilt 001.jpg

I think this may be the end of this friendship, I feel quite used and very much taken for granted.

Sorry, pic is sideways.
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Re: Labyrinth Walk

It's beautiful but that is really sad she treats you like that.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

I can't imagine a friend of mine doing that, against my will. Regardless, the quilt is pretty. I hope your friendship can be repaired.

Comment

I think you did an awesome job. She is a very lucky person to have a friend like you. I have a friend who every time the word quilt is mentioned she wants me to make her son's t shirts into a quilt for her. I have never made a t shirt quilt and wouldn't want to learn on someone else's t shirts. I honestly don't think most people realize how much work goes into making a quilt.

Comment

I am sorry for the circumstances around this quilt. However, it is very lovely and looks fantastic. What was it that you didn't like making it? (Other than being sorta forced into it?) This pattern is on my bucket list so I'm curious.

Comment

You did an awesome job with this! Be proud of it, and the fact that you are the better friend.

Comment

You did an awesome job, however it is sad to be treated this way by a friend.

Comment

You did an amazing job! I, too, am sad about the way your "friend" treated you.
                If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I too have people who get offended when I will not make them a quilt they specify. They want to pick the size, the pattern, the fabric, with no understanding of what is entailed to make the quilt. They get even more offended when they offer to pay me and I still say no. I quilt for fun. If I like you I will make you a quilt for free. I will do my best to make a quilt you will enjoy, even if it is not to my personal taste. Okay, I am getting off my soap box now.
                  Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Beth, You did a beautiful job on this quilt!!!! I am amazed!

Many years ago, (before I started quilting) my cousin sent me a rag quilt wall hanging of a snowman. I thanked her and asked about making me a bed quilt....I was a little shocked when she said it would cost a lot and about $100 to quilt it! I let it go......Now I get it Now when people come to the house and start asking questions about what I would charge - I just tell them that I don't quilt for money and that it would just cost too much and so forth..........
                    I know that doesn't really help you but if you were able to explain this to your friend....hopefully she would understand.
                    Again, beautiful job on that quilt!!!.
                    ~Kathy~

Comment

Oh, I would have told her "I am so sorry you have spent money on the pattern and fabric but, I will not / can not make this quilt I will be glad to help you find someone to make this for you" and then handed it back to her. If that causes a loss of friendship thne the friendship wasn't very strong.
                      You are a better person than me (and way better quilter than I)

Comment

I would hand her a bill for the time it took to make. Not that I would expect to be paid but so she would understand how much it takes to make one. Then I would try to give her a stern talking to about the meaning of friendship. But I don't do confrontational so maybe not.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry. That's a horrible thing to be taken advantage of. I think you were very gracious about it.
                          🍄 Heather🍄

Comment

So sorry you got treated that way. I hate it when people take advantage. It is a nice quilt but it would have been nice if you could have at least picked out fabric that you liked.

Comment

My friend had a similar situation. She wrote a little note that said:

"Hope you enjoy the quilt. If you've already gotten me a Thank You gift you know I'll appreciate anything you give me. But if you are wondering how to thank me for the hours I spent making it here's some suggestions: Pick Joe & I up and take us to dinner at Outback; or you & I can take a trip to Kohl's and you can get me a purse I've been looking at; a gift certificate to The Cotton Patch would work too."

They're still friends.

Comment

Working...
                              X