"Little Charmer II" Lap Quilt using "Allure" charms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Little Charmer II" Lap Quilt using "Allure" charms

I finished up this quilt moments ago. I saw a table runner posted on the Tamarack Shack blog & decided to try the pattern just from seeing the pic. It's an Anka's Treasures pattern. I used 2 charm packs of "Allure" by Moda. It was the DD some time back; I had bought 2 packs. To extend the size, I used some solids from a charm pack called "Shades" by Riley Blake. For the stars I used Bella Solids "Snow" yardage. It's basically a 9-Patch with 4 of the squares snowballed, which forms the star. I chose no border so I could use WOF for the backing without piecing. I just barely had 1-1.5" on the sides, but it was enough. I used yardage from my stash. Hobbs 80/20 batting, which is what I use all the time. For quilting thread, I used Superior's King Tut "Basket" for the top and Signature's "Parchment" for the back. The quilt measures 39.5" x 53". This will be a gift for a friend. Thanks for taking a look.Little Charmer II - Aug. 2016 001.jpgLittle Charmer II - Aug. 2016 002.jpgLittle Charmer II - Aug. 2016 003.jpgLittle Charmer II - Aug. 2016 004.jpgLittle Charmer II - Aug. 2016 005.jpgLittle Charmer II - Aug. 2016 006.jpg

Re: "Little Charmer II" Lap Quilt using "Allure" charms

Lovely! I'm tired of the heat and looking forward to autumn. Your table runner is a nice reminder of my favorite season! Thanks for sharing.
    Rescued is my favorite breed.

Comment

Lovely quilt, you're friend will be thrilled with her gift!
      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Beautiful quilt, what a precious gift.
        Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Beautiful quilt!!
          Wendy
          http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

Really nice, love your fabric choice.

Comment

Love the colours and the pattern. You do very nice work.
              Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

Beautiful quilt...I love your color choices...great job!
                Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

It came out great.

Comment

So pretty. Great quilting too.
                    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post
                      I finished up this quilt moments ago. I saw a table runner posted on the Tamarack Shack blog & decided to try the pattern just from seeing the pic. It's an Anka's Treasures pattern. I used 2 charm packs of "Allure" by Moda. It was the DD some time back; I had bought 2 packs. To extend the size, I used some solids from a charm pack called "Shades" by Riley Blake. For the stars I used Bella Solids "Snow" yardage. It's basically a 9-Patch with 4 of the squares snowballed, which forms the star. I chose no border so I could use WOF for the backing without piecing. I just barely had 1-1.5" on the sides, but it was enough. I used yardage from my stash. Hobbs 80/20 batting, which is what I use all the time. For quilting thread, I used Superior's King Tut "Basket" for the top and Signature's "Parchment" for the back. The quilt measures 39.5" x 53". This will be a gift for a friend. Thanks for taking a look.[ATTACH=CONFIG]134300[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]134301[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]134302[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]134303[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]134304[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]134305[/ATTACH]
                      This is really a lovely creation. You are very generous in giving us all the details of how to make this and it will be a great gift that will be cherished
                      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                      Terry

Comment

I LOVE it! I am partial to fall colors. I made my first star quilt top a little while ago, and I want to make another one. I am seriously considering using your pattern, as it is so pretty.
                        If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Very pretty. Love the charm pack too plus of course you always do great work :-)
                          https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                          Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Beautiful! I especially admire the quilting. That's a motif I was going to use in a recent baby quilt, but I wasn't as confident in my ability to do it as I was with swirls. You inspire me to try again!

Comment

Everything is perfect on this quilt. And thanks for giving the details, I want to try the Hobbs 80/20 batting . I really like your FMQ too.

Comment

Working...
                              X