Finally finished!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally finished!

So, I made this quilt a couple of years ago.... in fact, I made two! I made one for me and one for my older sister. It quickly became my favorite and the one I use on my bed all the time (except Christmas). So I wanted to make shams to go with it. Finally made them this past weekend. I'm really happy with the look, I got new lamps about a month ago and hubs bought me some handmade Amish night stands and a dresser to go with our Bed.

The quilt is Jenny's Four Seasons block, with a Layer Cake. Shams are with a Charm pack. Thanks Jenny!

13938533_1254598994573268_8347330737922703684_n.jpg

HERE is the link to Jenny's Four Season Block!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L43Uc9H_RUA
    Last edited by kensington; August 18, 2016, 04:27 PM.

Re: Finally finished!

Really love that. I was thinking it was a summer in the park or summer in the park revamped. I'll have to look up the four seasons block!
    I had made a pillow sham for my sisters quilt and she really loved it too. They were fun and easy to make.
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Thanks! Jenny did the block with Charm packs... for me... I am about big blocks fast! LOL. So I just amp'ed it up to the Layer Cake. My HST's were 6.5 inches and the block came out at 24 inches. Much like Jenny's "Big Star" ... only "Big Four Seasons"... It worked for me.

For the shams I used the Charm pack, and did the sewing diagonally and back, to get 2 HST each time. They were 4.5 inches.

The thing about the Four Seasons is that it really goes smoothly and works well with Jenny's method of HST's. I have no problems with the bias making this. Give it a try.

Comment

I also thought it was summer in the park , I am going to look up four seasons , and I love your pillow shams , thanks for telling and showing it!

Comment

Really pretty! I love your lamps too. Funny how old styles come back.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Anitamae56 View Post
            I also thought it was summer in the park , I am going to look up four seasons , and I love your pillow shams , thanks for telling and showing it!
            Thanks! I went back and added the link to my OP. Enjoy!

Comment

The quilts and the shams look lovely. I like the lamps too!

Jeannette

Comment

Oh, this has such a peaceful and tranquil look to it! Nice job on the quilt and the shams. Your bedroom is very pretty and quiet looking.
                Barbara
                http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Comment

That's a beautiful set and it looks great in your room. Love the color, too, and the lamps.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                    Really pretty! I love your lamps too. Funny how old styles come back.
                    I know, right? So 60's. LOL. I love them. I should post a pic of my new living room lamps... you will laugh. We just got all new living room furniture also... so I had to get lamps. Right?

Comment

Beautiful color and a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by CraftySweetPeas View Post
                        Oh, this has such a peaceful and tranquil look to it! Nice job on the quilt and the shams. Your bedroom is very pretty and quiet looking.
                        Oh thank you so much for the compliment. We are a military family and we moved a lot. I read a book decades ago called, "The Spirit of Loveliness". She wrote about how the bedroom should be a haven that you enjoy to come to every night to rest. She also wrote that when you move, you should finish unpacking and getting the bedroom all set up with bedding, candles, things you love, first. So that each day you return there to snuggle down. I've tried to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by kensington View Post
                          Oh thank you so much for the compliment. We are a military family and we moved a lot. I read a book decades ago called, "The Spirit of Loveliness". She wrote about how the bedroom should be a haven that you enjoy to come to every night to rest. She also wrote that when you move, you should finish unpacking and getting the bedroom all set up with bedding, candles, things you love, first. So that each day you return there to snuggle down. I've tried to do that.
                          Your bedroom truly does reflect a tranquil feeling...may I come and take just a NAP? I'll be gone by the end of 2027...ha ha ha...
                          Barbara
                          http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Comment

Hi. Was you quilt made with one full layer cake of colour and inspectors full layer cake if white???

It is so beautiful!!!
                            Shelley

Comment

So pretty, and colors are so soothing.
                              If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Working...
                              X