Hidden Wells No. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidden Wells No. 2

Have you ever made a quilt for somebody else and then not wanted to give it away? I've just finished this quilt for a friend at work and I'm going to be really sad to let it go. It's the same pattern as the purple and lime one I made but looks completely different in the more subtle fabrics.

Attached Files
    Quilting through the dull times
    northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Re: Hidden Wells No. 2

This is a lovely quilt and you're right...it's beautiful in these sophisticated fabrics!
    Piecing on Bernina 820
    Longarm quilting on APQS Millenium

Please visit me at
    My Blog "Peachy Pages".

sigpic

Comment

great job...I know what you mean..sometimes it's hard to let one of our creations go...but the great thing is that we can always make another one!!
      Michele

Comment

I made one as a challenge quilt and really didn't like the fabrics I had to work with. I got 10 fat quarters from her and had to add 10 of my own to make her a quilt. In the end, I loved it! The directions I followed said if I cut certain blocks certain ways, I would end of with these little 3 piece square blocks. So I took all those little blocks and made a wall hanging for me! It's sitting over there to be quilted and bound. Here is the challenge quilt I had to give away.
        So, maybe you could do something for yourself from any scraps left over or buy some more of the fabric and use that.

Your quilt is beautiful, by the way.

Hugs,
        TJ
        Attached Files
        Last edited by quiltingtrish; February 24, 2010, 07:14 PM. Reason: adding more info.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Turned out beautiful!! Love the colors!!

Mine in green and teal is still waiting to be cut LOL
          Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
          hugs, Suzi
          http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
          it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

That, my dear, is gaw-juss! I can see why you're thinking of keeping it. I'd be torn as well... but just think about the smile on the recipient's face when she gets it. That would be priceless!
            "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

Comment

I checked this out on your blog, but I could not reply (Grrr @ the iMac).

I wanted to tell you that it is lovely. Is Hidden Wells the pattern name? Where did you find it? Do they have it here at MSQC? Good job and now you can make one for yourself with confidence that you will like it.
              Be who you are and say what you feel
              because those who mind don't matter,
              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Your quilt is beautiful. Those fabrics look wonderful together. It's hard to let it go but someone will remember you forever by your workmanship! A lasting legacy of yours sent out into the world...kind of like a child!! Makes me think...we do "give birth" to our quilts...don't we? Must be why I always have to name mine!
                Patti
                "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Your quilt is beautiful! I can see why you want to keep it. Just think of how special your intended receipent will feel! It's such a good feeling to give something away to see the joy in their eyes and hear them squeal with gratitude!
                  Live Simple, Love Much, Laugh Often

Comment

I can see why you want to keep it. It is beautiful. I love the colors and the pattern. I guess you COULD do another one just like it.
                    sigpic www.seejaysnotes.blogspot.com

Comment

Oh wow, that quilt is gorgeous. I TOTALLY know how it feels to want to keep the quilt you worked so hard on.

It is especially when it turns out even better than you thought!! Your friend will love it though.

Comment

I love it... I have actually make things I totally didn't like and threw them away... I just may have to try this..

Comment

That is really beautiful...... lovely colors
                          Quilterdar

Comment

I really think that is beautiful. Where did you find the pattern?

Jan

Comment

I love it Jrchapman....looks hard to do for a beginner though...lol...on my list of things to try

Comment

Working...
                              X