donation from connecting threads finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

donation from connecting threads finished

Connecting threads donated thread and fat quarters some time ago for a quilt for the Shriners quilt raffle. I have been planning a starburst quilt and cut out the pieces this week. I laid them out and hated it. SO, I made it into this hst quilt and got it finished. I think it was wonderful that they gave me the fabric and it turned out nice. The colored thread I used for the FMQ flowers. My first time in using anything other than white.connectingthreadsdonation.jpg
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Re: donation from connecting threads finished

That is cool that they donated fabric & thread!!!!
    Happy Quilting!

Comment

How wonderful of them to help.

Comment

Great job, I like it a lot!

Comment

I love Connecting Threads...I am so glad to hear they gave you a donation...the quilt is so nice, Terry!
          Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Very pretty. I hope you raise a lot of money for such a great cause.
            Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Oh carol, I hope so too. You have all been so generous and work so hard in helping me. The restaurant continues to take in 40=50 dollars a week and hopefully some of the other retail outlets are doing the same. Its amazing to me how many lives are touched by the childrens hospital . People are continually telling me their stories
              Terry

Comment

I'm going to be in your area later in September. When will the raffle be held? Would love to stop and see this and some of the other quilts.

Comment

That's such a cheerful quilt. I think it's great when company's are prepared to donate for a good cause. My LQS owner is the area agent for Linus quilts and a company she deals with regularly donates a bolt of wadding for the quilts.

Comment

If the raffle is going to be Labor Day I have a neighbor going to the Asheville area. I told her and she'd love to stop and get some tickets. Please let me know the date you expect it to end ....

Comment

Oh, Judy...I hope I haven't not answered you. I have been consumed lately with the restaurant , sewing and the raffle and can't remember much of anything. I really do hope to see you when you come thru and most of the quilts have been gathered back at the restaurant for viewing. We are open thrusday thru sunday noon to 9 pm and it will be great to meet you.

Originally posted by Judy, USMC View Post
                      I'm going to be in your area later in September. When will the raffle be held? Would love to stop and see this and some of the other quilts.
                      Terry

Comment

The raffle will be October 1st in Mars Hill NC at the rec park from Noon until about 4pm with an auction and raffle.
                        Originally posted by Judy, USMC View Post
                        If the raffle is going to be Labor Day I have a neighbor going to the Asheville area. I told her and she'd love to stop and get some tickets. Please let me know the date you expect it to end ....
                        Terry

Comment

Thanks for the info - Looks like we both can start mapping a route to Marshall in September. Timing isn't right to make it to Mars Hill on the 1st. I was starting to get worried!
                          Last edited by Judy, USMC; August 29, 2016, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Well, you'll have a great time hving a trip in September. Weather should be perfect. Keeping my fingers crossed. The quilts will be fun to look out. We have great white water rafting here and horseback riding and hiking and zip lining and we are only 25 minutes north of Asheville with lots of antique stores, the Biltmore house, etc. Have a great trip
                            Terry

Comment

Love this. Isn't it fun when you are forced in a way to step out of your box and try something new.
                              sigpic my goal is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am

Comment

Working...
                              X