Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

craigs list again

press.jpg

picked this up on craigs list this morning for $40. I mostly wanted the stand, but the press works well too. I have a Singer steam press and it also will fit on this stand. DH is going to make me a platform to put the stand on to raise it up. I usually put the Singer on my cutting table when using it.
    Best part of the purchase was when the woman noticed my bag I was carrying. We started talking and I also showed her my NCW wallet. She does custom drapes and she wants to open her own store and sell other things too. We exchanged info, and she said she would buy from me and resell, so no waiting for the money. Yes she will sell for a profit, but as long as I get what I want out of my things I am happy. She is working on getting a lease finalized for her store, and then she will contact me.
    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Re: craigs list again

How exciting Dolores! I hope it works out for both of you!
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

You were definitely in the right place at the right time! Congratulations on your double score!

Comment

That's a great find. Did you or did you not get the stand? I do love my steam press!

That's cool about the outlet for your products! Hope it works well for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
          That's a great find. Did you or did you not get the stand? I do love my steam press!

That's cool about the outlet for your products! Hope it works well for you!
          yep, I got the stand and another steam press with it for the $40. this steam press is a Euro Pro older model, but looks like new. I like my Singer steam press, so will probably set the euro pro aside for a spare for now

Comment

Great score on both!!
            ***Kathy***

Comment

Wait, this is your third steam press now? I check CL out here and there are never any listed. I don't think people in the desert iron anything. I hope the sale thing works out for you. I think that would be the only way I could do it.
              K is for Karen 😊​..................
              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
              T - is it TRUE?
              H - is it HELPFUL?
              I - is it INSPIRING?
              N - is it NECESSARY?
              K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                Wait, this is your third steam press now? I check CL out here and there are never any listed. I don't think people in the desert iron anything. I hope the sale thing works out for you. I think that would be the only way I could do it.
                third press yes, but the first one I bought has a problem keeping a constant temp. Never really checked it out as within a week I found the brand new singer for $25. This was a good buy just for the stand. When I put the press on the cutting table, I guarantee I have missed cutting something that needs fused, and the press takes up pretty much all of the cutting table. This way I will never miss cutting something out because the table will be free. Murphy's Law

Comment

Congratulations Doloris! You seem to strike gold on CL regularly!
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good for you. I hope it all works out for you.
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Congrats on both conquests.
                      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                      sigpic

Comment

that's great. I think we all hope to find a market for our craft
                        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                        Terry

Comment

there's a Singer steam press for sale in a local thrift shop for $130 that I've been looking at. Yours is a steal, congratulations.

Comment

Nice press! ... and nice connection - hope you guys work out a great agreement

Comment

My LQS has a steam press that they use for the FQs, so they all are folded nicely. I've never had a use for one myself. Sounds like yours is a win-win situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X