Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh, Jenny Doan, you and your zipper pouches...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, Jenny Doan, you and your zipper pouches...

You can't make just one. Honestly. They're like Doritos. Does anybody else have this problem?

My daughter is turning 5 and she asked me to make her a zipper pouch/wallet with ladybug and cupcake fabric for her birthday, and so I did, and wrapped it up and hid it away...but then there was all this stuff left over and hey, look! Two more pouches! They're each lined with the *other* fabric.

Now, on to new fabrics!

il_570xN.1072338155_cyw6.jpgil_570xN.1025806728_99wm.jpgil_570xN.1025804684_kpte.jpg

Re: Oh, Jenny Doan, you and your zipper pouches...

So cute!!!!
    Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dlane2530 View Post
      You can't make just one. Honestly. They're like Doritos. Does anybody else have this problem?
      I agree. I'm currently on my third pouch making binge. First one, 17. Second one, 13. This one, 5 so far and plans for more.

Comment

Cute as a bug, all three.
        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Very cute - and they are addicting!!
          ***Kathy***

Comment

Originally posted by quiltsRfun View Post
            I agree. I'm currently on my third pouch making binge. First one, 17. Second one, 13. This one, 5 so far and plans for more.
            Ha ha ha! You sound like a kindred spirit Happy pouch-making!

Comment

People are beginning to call me the bag lady - I'm addicted to making bags, totes, pouches of all sizes and shapes.....right now hooked on purse size tissue pouches.....dont even know who they're for or why I'm making them.....but I find that making bags is a total de-stressor (is that even a word) for me

Comment

Yours are so adorable!! I have never made one, they don't look that hard but honestly I have a great of zippers, I haven't put one in for at least 20 years!

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                  Yours are so adorable!! I have never made one, they don't look that hard but honestly I have a great of zippers, I haven't put one in for at least 20 years!
                  You'v got to watch this tutorial! The zipper goes in before the two pieces of the bag are sewn together, so there's none of the awkward placing and pinning and pulling that more often happens when putting in a zipper...

Comment

Originally posted by dlane2530 View Post
                    You'v got to watch this tutorial! The zipper goes in before the two pieces of the bag are sewn together, so there's none of the awkward placing and pinning and pulling that more often happens when putting in a zipper...
                    can you share the link to this tutorial?

Comment

Originally posted by Carol336 View Post
                      can you share the link to this tutorial?
                      Here it is: http://quiltingtutorials.com/browse-...ouch-tutorial/

Comment

So what do you do with all these zipper pouches?

Comment

I sell them, either at our local church craft fair or on Etsy (MayQueenQuilts)! Or I give 'em as gifts. Kids and teens like them a lot. They make good pencil cases and makeup bags!

Comment

where did you get that lady bug fabric. I have a customer that is wanting a lady bug quilt and I haven't seen anything that cute.
                            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                            Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Cokie View Post
                              So what do you do with all these zipper pouches?
                              The first bunch I made as gifts at our family reunion last year. The second bunch were teachers' gifts for my granddaughters teachers. For this next bunch I haven't got anyone in mind but I may give them to my nieces.

Comment

Working...
                              X