X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gshannon1008
    replied
    Re: Floating triangle quilt finished!

The colors are so calming. Love the quilt!

Leave a comment:

• Rock
    replied

Nice job. The fabric, the contemporary design, and the FMQ compliment well. Show piece here.

Leave a comment:

• easyquilts
    replied

This is one if my fav patterns... It always looks so good, and yours is Beautiful... Who doesn't love KF fabrics?

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied

That is so pretty in those colors. And your quilting is just amazing! Thanks for showing us.

Leave a comment:

• iluvbaking
    replied

Thanks so much! I didn't think photo looked like you started with 10" and am glad it was a charm. Thanks also for sharing strip size and other tips. I like using Warm 'n White also when there is a lot of background white. In the size range I like too!

Leave a comment:

• Janina
    replied

I didn't start with 10"squares, I used part of a charm pack and made the half square triangles the old fashioned way. And avoided problems with bias. I think it is about 40 x 50. If you wanted to make a bigger one you could start with 7" squares, make regular half square triangles and add 2.5" strips like Jenny did. I used 2" strips. Mine is more a baby size. I added the border to contrast. Lots of possibilities. I think it would look great without the FMQ!�� I did use warm and natural white batting , shrinks less and if you are using a lot of white, don't have to worry about a darker batting showing through. Seems softer too. Hope this helps! Easily get two quilts from one charm pack!

Leave a comment:

• iluvbaking
    replied

Janina, can you please give the approximate size of your quilt? I am making some baby quilts and after seeing your beautiful quilt I'd like to try one using the Falling Triangles tutorial. I haven't mastered FMQ yet so it won't begin to look as beautiful as yours but I don't want that to stop me. Sometimes size of blocks is hard to decipher in a photo so I'd also like to be confirm you started by using 10" squares.

Leave a comment:

• geegeequilts
    replied

Beautiful! Looks like a stain glass broke into triangles.

Gina

Leave a comment:

• laura44
    replied

Love it, great FMQing!

Leave a comment:

• Janina
    replied

Thank you for your comments! You motivate me!😀😀❤️

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

Very pretty.

Leave a comment:

• iluvbaking
    replied

Wow, I really love this too. While I love the Fassett fabrics sometimes when they're all next to each other like in a doll quilt I made, I wonder if it's too much. Using the bright prints separated with a solid is the perfect solution! Your work is as beautiful as your quilt. You must be very pleased!

Leave a comment:

• TMP
    replied

I like how your border and binding color choice brings it all together , very pretty quilt.

Leave a comment:

• DeniseSm
    replied

So very pretty.

Leave a comment:

• cv quilter
    replied

What a pretty quilt. I've seen that pattern and think Jenny did a tutorial on it. I really like it! Using the fabrics you used was a good choice. And your FMQ rocks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X